combine the both files MS1,MS2

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

20cent

combine the both files MS1,MS2

Post by 20cent »

I combined the both files on one memory stick useing a hex eiditor. I am can of sacred to launch it because i dont know if it will work.
Has anybody thought of this or tryed it.
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

stupidest idea ever
sq377

Post by sq377 »

Splitting them up is why it works, but whatever floats your boat. Go for it.
etx

Post by etx »

lol. Give it a shot. It's not gonna work.
TRF-Yu-Ki

Post by TRF-Yu-Ki »

Well.... I'm not sure the idea is that stupid. If something as absurd as renaming DATA.PSP to EBOOT.PBP actually works.... I wouldn't discount anything at this point.

20cent, it won't wreck your PSP(***ASSUMING*** you're only using EBOOTs that you already know are harmless, like HelloPSP's eboot). I've been doing a million things like what you just said with HelloPSP's eboot. I haven't gotten any of them to work, but the PSP won't break. It just says "Game cannot be started" and kicks ya back to the main-menu.
It will take 1-in-gajillion chance that you randomly put together bytes in an hex-editor, that executes on PSP, that flashes the rom, that wrecks your PSP. You have higher chances being run over by a school of dophins in the middle of a highway while being struck by THREE bolts of lightning at once.
Learning to hack is not bad in itself; it's what you do with your abilities that count. - a.k.a. Shadow-Me-Twice of ddrfreak.com
etx

Post by etx »

TRF-Yu-Ki wrote:Well.... I'm not sure the idea is that stupid. If something as absurd as renaming DATA.PSP to EBOOT.PBP actually works.... I wouldn't discount anything at this point.

20cent, it won't wreck your PSP(***ASSUMING*** you're only using EBOOTs that you already know are harmless, like HelloPSP's eboot). I've been doing a million things like what you just said with HelloPSP's eboot. I haven't gotten any of them to work, but the PSP won't break. It just says "Game cannot be started" and kicks ya back to the main-menu.
It will take 1-in-gajillion chance that you randomly put together bytes in an hex-editor, that executes on PSP, that flashes the rom, that wrecks your PSP. You have higher chances being run over by a school of dophins in the middle of a highway while being struck by THREE bolts of lightning at once.
It would have a chance if you can put the elf header at 0 in the file and somehow still get the psp to validate the file, then remove the card to make it error out, then put it back in and have it read the elf from 0. It's not gonna work by simply combineing the files with a hex editor.
jeffpsp1

Post by jeffpsp1 »

it wont do anything
-/-/-/-//-/-/-/-//-/-/-/
the system is down-/
the system is down-/
the system is down/-
the system is down-/
-/-/-/-/-/-/-/--/-/-/-/
Agoln

Post by Agoln »

TRF-Yu-Ki wrote: It will take 1-in-gajillion chance that you randomly put together bytes in an hex-editor, that executes on PSP, that flashes the rom, that wrecks your PSP. You have higher chances being run over by a school of dophins in the middle of a highway while being struck by THREE bolts of lightning at once.
So you're saying that there's a chance??? NO WAY AM I DOING IT!!
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Locked due to lack of content and off-topic drift.