Possibley found new drive letter

Discuss the development of new homebrew software, tools and libraries.

Moderators: cheriff, TyRaNiD

staulkor

Possibley found new drive letter

Post by staulkor »

Wow, today has been an amazing day for the psp. 1.5 has been successfully cracked in one way, this will just open the door for more cracks to be made.

anyways, i got the swaploit and successfully got it working on my psp. i decided to try to get the UMD Dumper to work on my psp. Eventually, i got it working. I didnt have to boot it up with no umd in the slot, and throw it in there really fast, i just left it in there and booted up umd dumper, swapped the MS, and let it run. It dumped wipeout pure, about 250mb to my 512mb ms. I then transferred it to my comp, extracted it, and started looking around at files.

As you all probably know, there are .prx files. Im still new to the whole psp hacking thing, so im not really sure what they do, but i know that they hold the audio, video, network information like codecs and network resolve info. I found this out because there is audiocodec.prx, videocodex.prx, and many adhoc and inet/ap prx's in the same dir.

wile looking through this, i found nothing, so i went back the PSP_GAME/USRDIR/ and found a .cfg file. this is what it contained.

Code: Select all

Language English Load Frontend Yes Track Z:\Data\Billboards\Adverts\advert_002.vex Team Feisar Class Vector NPC Team Mixed AI Network Client NO Camera Mode PLAYER Mode Time Trial Number of NPC 7 Cut-down graphics NO Test new track-slope-camera-pitch YES Single lap override NO Emulate PSP polygon clipping NO Replay Camera Mode Normal Progression Off Sound Yes Analog Stick Disabled Control Focus PLAYER Use new arcade mode balancing NO New mode speed 1.000000 Arcade mode handicap -9 AI Speed 100% Stop AI moving NO Show AI race speeds NO Ship scale 0.750000 AI FPS 60.000000 Draw Collision Data NO Draw Simulation NO AI Weapons ENABLE Pickups NORMAL Autopilot YES Bomb YES Disruptor YES Mine YES Missile YES Plasma YES Quake YES Rocket YES Shield YES Turbo YES Disruptor Setting NORMAL FPS TTY YES File TTY YES Network TTY YES Music YES 
I quickly saw Z:\Data\Billboards\Adverts\advert_002.vex. This looked stange because all the other drives for the psp have been MS:\\ or UMD:\\ and not an actual driver letter.

There is no actual file called advert_002.vex in any directory in the game, but im thinking, since wipeout uses .wad's, it may extract it to a virtual drive, and Z:\ may be that virtual drive.

I dont know if this will help anybody, but this is what i have found so far when looking through the stucture of wipeout pure.
Cpasjuste

Post by Cpasjuste »

Hall of shame ?
fashidus

Post by fashidus »

quite often, software contains references to the drive letters on the development system. nothing to see here. drive through, thanks.

Post by Guest »

Hint,

Only MS Windows uses the \ for directory paths.

Hint2,

As someone else said, you can expect to see strings related to paths on the development system in PSP, often inserted as debug info.
staulkor

Post by staulkor »

ok, thanks gorim for pointing those out. now i know for the future....thanks again