Ps2Sdk samples compiles but ELF not working...

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

jimmikaelkael

Ps2Sdk samples compiles but ELF not working...

Post by jimmikaelkael »

Hello,

I'm new to ps2 programming, I have a little problem with some of the Ps2SDK samples, and other programs.

I have builded ps2SDK and ps2toolchain using lukasz MinGW Tutorial.
Everything is ok for installation.

I tried to compile several programs, the cube from the samples works fine.

The sample MemoryCard Compile fine but when i load it on my ps2 it hangs...
I have tested to compile HD_Project V1.07, it compiles well, but hangs on my ps2.
The Polo compiled version of HD project runs well.

Please help me ! What happens ?
methos3

Post by methos3 »

what type of hang are you talking about?
If it is a Black screen, and the samples are using only the printf function, change printf(), that prints on the terminal (ps2link) for scr_printf(), that prints on the TV screen.

I don't know much about compiling hd_project, but you can check if it uses the gsKit (if yes, you must download and compile the gsKit).

You disabled the warning messages or anything like this? If yes, try to enable the compiler warning messages to see if you get any warning about gsKit_init() or another functions.

Another thing... Where did you get the hd_project source, if it is in any forum, can you send the files to me, or atach in your next nessage, please?

[edit]
I found the hd_project source.
And found this line on the Makefile

Code: Select all

EE_LIBS = -lpadx -lgsKit -ldmaKit -ljpg -lmc -lhdd -lcdvdfs -lmf -lfileXio -lpatches -lpoweroff -ldebug
You will need to download and compile: the gsKit and the libjpg, and maybe libcdvd.
They can be found on the svn.
jimmikaelkael

Post by jimmikaelkael »

Thanks for the scr_printf ;)

Here is a link to HD_Project 1.07 src and bin : http://rapidshare.com/files/96112304/HD ... 7.rar.html

I was using precompiled version of gsKit, and all other stuff... so i have deleted them, that must be the problem.

I've downloaded gsKit, libjpg, libcdvd, ps2eth and usbhdfsd sources.
I will try to compile them.
methos3

Post by methos3 »

yeah, try to compile the newest version directly from svn and check hd_project's linking rulez (if hd_project uses the xsio2man and xpadman modules, you'll need to reset the IOP).

See ya!