nPort and changing memory card

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

psfgc

nPort and changing memory card

Post by psfgc »

Is there any way to read/write the files containing back-slashes in the name from a memory card by using nPort?
Is the npo file format documented somewhere?
I am not able to extract the DMS3 explorer files from the npo files I retrieve from the memory card. The files are named things like "\\BOOT\\BOOT.ELF", including the back-slashes. I would like to be able to install applications in the DMS3 explorer without having to burn a CD each time.

Can a PS-1 memory card in a PS2 be read/written from the PC (like with nPort for PS-2 memory card)?

Any chance that ps2link includes a remote file server for memory card in the future?
pixel

Post by pixel »

1- This is a known "bug" inside the DMS3. It has hopefully been fixed in the 1.8 bios, as I've been told. But not in their tools. Well, I'll try to package something "soon"...
2- Perfectly possible. No tool can do that easily yet tho.
3- No, I don't think it's its task. Better take a look at stuff like ps2ftp.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

3. not ps2link no, but soon there will be a working ps2netfs (that can be loaded by ps2link from host:) that can do file IO to for example mc and hdd. pksh and ps2client will support ps2netfs real soon now(tm).
Kung VU