Problem making PS2xME work

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

melik

Problem making PS2xME work

Post by melik »

Hello,

I've read lots of topics about the eXploit but since I didn't find answers, I'm opening a new one.

Note that I'm using Xploder v4/X-Link for MC transfer & my current PS2 is a euro one, model #39004.

I easily transfered the BEDATA-SYSTEM.p2m to the MC, but when I inserted my PsOne game (Colony Wars) the trick didn't work - no white flash or welcome text as stated in the readme file, but the PsOne logo-.

I checked the game ID and I found it wrong. My game is labeled SLES_008.61 whereas it's SLES_008.62 in the supported game listing.

I managed to modify the .p2m with an hex-editor but even that didn't make the trick work as well.
I thought to modify the .npo & use ps2savetool to generate a .p2m but X-Link tells me that the content of BEDATA-SYSTEM is bad (appeared as "damaged" on MC).

So I'm requesting your help on this issue.
Maybe I'll buy another game, but I'd like to correct this problem.

Another question: Ps2menu is included in the PS2xME package.
Is it automaticaly transfered to the MC along with the p2m ?

Thank u all
regards.
melik

Post by melik »

Hi,

Any help please ?

Thanks.
melik

Post by melik »

Hello,

I've finally found a solution.
But the problem now is that after the white flash, nothing happens.
No welcome text or anything as stated in the readme file.

Any ideas ?

best regards.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

It's been a coon's age since I set up my mc, but it sounds like you have a file set incorrectly. One of the files (IIRC) holds a list of programs and the files associated with it to make available to the user. If either the list file or any of the stuff it references is wrong, the whole thing fails. It took me several days to get it configured just right. Frankly, the current exploit program is a royal pain in the butt. The idea is that making it a pain in the butt will discourage pirates wishing to use this to play warez. On the other hand, it's also discouraging honest people as well. So think of this as a test to see whether you are ready for developing on the PS2 yet. If you can't get the mc exploit working on your own, you won't be able to do the other stuff needed to make your own PS2 programs either. :)
melik

Post by melik »

Hello,

After some try I've been able to see the welcome text on screen but it seems like the ps2 is hanging.

With the original PS2xME boot.elf (what program is it btw ?), it hangs right after the Mr Brown patch message.
I tried replacing it with ps2menu.elf (renaming it to boot.elf) & it hangs at the same stage.

I also made ps2link the boot executable and this time it hanged after the "initializing" message.
InLink was able to open socket with the ps2 but when I tried to execute stars.elf nothing happened.
The ps2 was even no more reacting to resets, I had to power it off to make it function as usual.

Maybe is it because something is corrupted as you said.
The only thing I've done was modifying the TITLE.DB with an hex ed. to change Colony Wars ID which was a bit different.
I extracted it from the .p2m using ps2savebuilder, deleted the TITLE.DB from BEDATA-SYSTEM then added the modified one.

I'll do more tests tomorrow.
c.u.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Just buy a game that's on the euro games list. or bug the author until he gets your game added and re-download (laugh) He needs more EUro game IDs.