Release: RadShell

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

cosmito

Post by cosmito »

Sorry for taking so long to test this again. Only recently I managed to get a compatible USB keyboard. Many of the USB keyboards out there aren't compatible with the PS2...

So I repeated the tests. I copied the radshell0.5 to a USB key and started it using uLE4.07.

"dir mc0:/" now works. I tried "dir mc0:" just to see if radshell would complain, and this also works too(!).

"cd mc0:/" - now works. No freezing occurs anymore. I type "dir" and the contents of the memory card are listed.

I used the radshell.rsh script as it was from the ZIP file. That is,

Code: Select all

fontsize 0.6
border 2 2
iopreset

#load rom0:XSIO2MAN
#load rom0:XMCMAN
#load rom0:XMCSERV

load rom0:SIO2MAN
load rom0:MCMAN
#load rom0:MCSERV

load int:iomanx.irx
load int:filexio.irx

cls
version
I pretend to repeat the tests for uLE4.12 just to see what happens.
The problems I experienced in the past was when using radshell0.2. I can also try that version again.

A question : I started radshell0.5 from the USB key. When I type devlist, the USB key is not listed (I was expecting something like "mass:/"). So I added this line to radshell.rsh, just after "load int:filexio.irx" and before "cls" :

load usb_mass.irx
I started again radshell and I've got the error : "Not a directory: 'mass:'" when I typed "dir mass:/"
radad

Post by radad »

Hi ptek, well thanks for testing again.

I am glad RadShell 0.5 seems to work for you now. It shouldnt matter which version of uLE you use. The 'iopreset' in the radshell.rsh clears out all of the previous drivers. I dont know why you want to go back and test RadShell 0.2 either.

Because of the 'iopreset', that is also the reason why you see no mass in the devlist. You can comment out that line to leave the drivers loaded by uLE but then the devlist might not work at all. I am not sure if uLE has updated the changes I made to those drivers in the ps2sdk.

What was the output of 'load usb_mass.irx' (you should probably comment out the 'cls' so you can see the message)? I expect it would not have been able to find the file.
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

hi. Some more testing.
radad wrote:Hi ptek, well thanks for testing again.
It shouldnt matter which version of uLE you use. The 'iopreset' in the radshell.rsh clears out all of the previous drivers. I dont know why you want to go back and test RadShell 0.2 either.
Yes, it doesn't make much sense, I agree.
What was the output of 'load usb_mass.irx' (you should probably comment out the 'cls' so you can see the message)? I expect it would not have been able to find the file.
ok, using the .rsh :

fontsize 0.6
border 2 2
iopreset

#load rom0:XSIO2MAN
#load rom0:XMCMAN
#load rom0:XMCSERV

load rom0:SIO2MAN
load rom0:MCMAN
#load rom0:MCSERV

load int:iomanx.irx
load int:filexio.irx

load usb_mass.irx

#cls
version
I've got, running it from the mass:

ld: 25 Result: 0
ld: 26 Result: 0
ld: 27 Result: 0
ld: 28 Result: 0
Error: -19
First I though I found the reason why it failed. So, I'm running it from the mass: and after a iopreset (which cleans all the loaded drivers) it tries to access the current devide (mass:) to load the usb_mass.irx - this looks just like trying to get the key inside a locked drawer to open it :)

So I copied the radshell binaries to the mc0: and run it from there.
This time, I've got the "Error: -200".
Doing a "cd mass:/" resulted on the expected "Not a directory: 'mass:/'".

(I'm using now uLE 4.12)
radad

Post by radad »

ptek wrote:First I though I found the reason why it failed. So, I'm running it from the mass: and after a iopreset (which cleans all the loaded drivers) it tries to access the current devide (mass:) to load the usb_mass.irx - this looks just like trying to get the key inside a locked drawer to open it :)
That sounds right.
ptek wrote:So I copied the radshell binaries to the mc0: and run it from there.
This time, I've got the "Error: -200".
Doing a "cd mass:/" resulted on the expected "Not a directory: 'mass:/'".
Well "Error: -200" would indicate it failed to load which is why the the "cd mass:/" failed. I think the -200 is dependency error. Try loading usbd.irx before loading usb_mass.irx.
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

Sorry for the long wait again, 've been busy.

So I copied to the mc0 the usbd.irx added a "load usbd.irx" just before the "load usb_mass.irx".

I've got :

ld: 25 Result: 0
ld: 26 Result: 0
ld: 27 Result: 0
ld: 28 Result: 0
ld: 29 Result: 0
ld: 30 Result: 0
That is, no error but the radshell seems to freeze. I type on the keyboard but no response.
Then I commented the "load usbd.irx" and "load usb_mass.irx". On the radshell I typed "load usbd.irx" : I've got an "Result: -1" and a freeze.

I still suspect from my USB pen... I use Sw*p Magic 3.6 to boot up uLE from the mc0: and if I put the USB pen on the PS2 during the SM boot, the SM splash screen shows but also a freeze occurs. In order to browse the pen using uLE is to insert it only after uLE being run by SM
Berion

Post by Berion »

Thank you Radad for this great app.

I have a few questions/problems:

1.) I can't browse on CDVD. When i write dir 'cdrom0:', program display "0 files 0 directories".

I have tried also:

dir cdrom0:/
dir cdrom0:\
dir cdfs:
dir cdfs:\
dir cdfs:/

Besides RadShell does't load radshell.rsh from CDVD (logical thinking ;]) even if i load rom0:CDVDMAN (isn't this module load on startup?).

Of course device is on the list (devlist).

2.) I can't browse on rom0/1. RadShell doesn't recognize 'dir rom0:' but still i can copy files from them (ie. 'copy dir0:OSDSYS mc0:').

3.) RadShell doesn't boot on console my friend by SwapMagic (from cd, dvd, mc, mass).

PS: I have V6 with Ripper 2 Gold on board.
PPS: Sorry for my horrible english.
radad

Post by radad »

ptek: a usbd.irx is embedded into the radshell elf because it is needed for the keyboard. But it is not loaded until after the initial script is run. You can force it to load during the initial script. Some irx require initialising, usbd is one of them. If you dont use the internal one radshell doesn't know how to initialise it.

berion: use the devlist to show which devices exist. I did have some issues with the CD drive as well. Maybe you need to load CDVDFSV as well? If you cant browse rom it sounds like the romdir irx wasnt loaded, this is not needed to copy files. I dont have Swapmagic, cant help you.
Berion

Post by Berion »

Thank You for answers.

Just like i write above, cdrom is on the list.

I've tried loaded CDVDFSV first, and as second module The same result.
"0 files 0 directories".

First i have booting ulelf from DEV1 because i can simply chceck when the disc is veryfied. Maybe this is the problem?

Hmm... When i write (second time - first in the radshell.rsh) 'iopreset', radshell freezes.

-------

I feel so stupid :). I completly forgot about load romdir.irx... ehh.
I have another questions about "bios stuff":

work:

copy rom0:/* mc0:BIOS
doesn't work:

copy rom0:/* mass:BIOS
RadShell ask me to overwrite this dir (but folder BIOS in root mass doesn't exist!).
"error creating mass:BIOS"

It is very confuse me. Naturally my pendrive is compatible with usbd.irx which i loaded.

load usbd.irx (module which used in uLELF 4.12)
load usbhdfsd.irx (with usb_mass i have a problems)

My pendrive is Kingstone DTI 1GB.

--------

romdir.irx to attend rom1: ?
Chewi

Post by Chewi »

I've just been trying to run RadShell inside PCSX2 in the hope that I can shed some light on the problems I've been having with GCC 4. If I simply start it with Load ELF, RadShell starts but it says that it cannot open /home/chewi/radshell/radshell.rsh. I thought PCSX2 would provide access to the files in the ELF's directory. I then tried creating a bootable ISO. Again, RadShell starts but it says that it cannot open cdrom0:/radshell.rsh. I thought perhaps I was doing something stupid but judging by the last few posts in this thread, maybe not. The console log from PCSX2 does show an attempt to open that file though.

open name cdrom0:/radshell.rsh flag 1 data 41378
CdRead: Reading Sector 16(1 Blocks of Size 2048) at Speed=24x
CdRead: Reading Sector 19(1 Blocks of Size 2048) at Speed=24x
open fail name /radshell.rsh;1
open fd = -1
Oh I should add that I cannot type into RadShell anyway because there is currently no working USB plugin for PCSX2. There used to be one for the older versions but I don't know whether that supported keyboards. My plan was to just run a script each time.
jordan23

Post by jordan23 »

At the point where you are trying to do those commands it has nothing to do with the USB.
Chewi

Post by Chewi »

What I'm saying is that you can't type directly into the emulator window with your keyboard. There is only a pad plugin at the moment. They'd need to write a USB plugin that can fake a raw keyboard since the actual keyboard would already be in use by the host operating system.
whatisdot

Post by whatisdot »

Impressive work! =) I'm trying to make a command line interface, myself. Would you mind if I borrowed some of your code? It's just a scanner and parser right now, but once I complete the command modules we might be able to share some code or maybe work on a joint project. What do you think?
--------------------------------------------------------------
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--------------------------------------------------------------
steve0

Post by steve0 »

Nice,nice ,nice!
radad

Re: Release: RadShell

Post by radad »

RadShell 0.6 released. New features:
Improved 'stat' output
Fixed an issue with 'del' return values
Added the 'sleep' command
Added the 'store' command
Added environment variables
Added NULL output redirection
Initial rsh is dependent on the elf name
Berion

Post by Berion »

THX for new version.

When I launch it from mc0:/ app display:

Error (-4) Interrupted system call
Program Was launch by DEV1 (Ripper2) and FMCB (from hacked OSD and by uLE). The same result. radshell.rsh it's identically as default in Your release.

mc icon which I've made. Nothing special but it looks better than blue square. ;]
szczuru_pasja

Post by szczuru_pasja »

I have an idea for Radshell. Button configuration in file (i.e. CROSS = ENTER, Y = TRIANGLE, BACKSPACE = R1).

//Sorry, I don't speak english good.