IRX: module list

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

-PIMs-

IRX: module list

Post by -PIMs- »

Been playing around with IRX files and how they use

jr ra
li $0000002e

to import functions from a list and was wondering if there was a way to view the actual function that 2e for example refers to. Note that I'm am refering to a IRX that has already been built.
carlosn

Post by carlosn »

Besides the library entry, you need to know what specific IOP module(s) the irx is calling. For example SIO2MAN, SYSCLIB etc.
Once you know the IOP module and library entry, just look in /ps2sdk/iop/kernel/src/*.s and you will find out the information you're looking for.

I am not sure if this is what you're asking but I'll throw it anyhow.
-PIMs-

Post by -PIMs- »

carlosn wrote:Besides the library entry, you need to know what specific IOP module(s) the irx is calling. For example SIO2MAN, SYSCLIB etc.
Once you know the IOP module and library entry, just look in /ps2sdk/iop/kernel/src/*.s and you will find out the information you're looking for.

I am not sure if this is what you're asking but I'll throw it anyhow.
Thnx but yea thats the problem, what if it doesn't list the modules it calls. And I don't have kernel/src/* in my ps2dev for some reason. Also how can I find out the library entry.
-PIMs-

Post by -PIMs- »

Actually I see what you mean now. Thnx again. But now I'm looking at an ERX file that uses

break
li zero, 00000004

and I haven't been able to find any names of libraries that it might be importing around it anywhere.