PS2Link extra config

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Drakonite
Site Admin

PS2Link extra config

Post by Drakonite »

How many people use ps2link's extra config support? How many people who would be using SDL would also want to use ps2link's extra config?
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
ayub_zar

??

Post by ayub_zar »

whats the extra config used for and what are its advantages?
WE NEED TO TAME PS2
evilo

Post by evilo »

The only link I see between the extra config file and sdl is SDL_net ...
not to mention that it doesn't exist yet :)

what was you thought about it ?
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Extra config was used to give ps2link a list of iop modules to automatically load instead of having to manually run them. IMO using a PC side script with ps2client works just about as well (and is more flexible since it doesn't ALWAYS load things). As is, almost no one is using extra config, and almost no one has a need for it either.

The reason I had made this thread 4 months ago was that some changes I was making to ps2link (which were necissary in order to correctly function with some changes I was making to SDL) conflicted with extra config support.

Currently extra config is disabled in the newest ps2link by default. The few people who need extra config support are smart enough and have no problems building a copy of ps2link out of svn that supports it ;)
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
cheriff
Regular

Post by cheriff »

Yeah, I've thought about using Extra config to loadup ps2netfs and required depancies to fsclient will just work right after bootup..
But since I'm lazy I never copied the irx's onto the memcard and set it all up.

Its a nices feature, but is a shame that its wasted on people like me :)
Damn, I need a decent signature!
mustafa

please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post by mustafa »

Hi guys i am just confused in all these can u guys send me a document on ps2 to pc on my id.i will be very thankfull if u guys help me then ps2 generation can be useful for youngsters please
mustafa

we need to tam ps2 !!!!!!!!!

Post by mustafa »

please someone send me the document made by ayub_zar cause he wrote with full instruction & the site he gave isn't working please ayub bro if u got this message send me the document or any one of u cherrif
mustafa

Post by mustafa »

Drakonite wrote:Extra config was used to give ps2link a list of iop modules to automatically load instead of having to manually run them. IMO using a PC side script with ps2client works just about as well (and is more flexible since it doesn't ALWAYS load things). As is, almost no one is using extra config, and almost no one has a need for it either.

\ ;)