Interesting Code Conversion Project

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

jgrimm

Interesting Code Conversion Project

Post by jgrimm »

I found an interesting project concerning source code conversion. It is called PS2PC and i believe it is nolonger supported, but it converts PC native code to Playstation 2 MIPS native code. It is a comand line tool and I have uploaded it to megaupload here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7QTQKX9G sounds like an interesting project and i will upload source code if you want. *IMPORTANT: I DID NOT make this and all credit goes to the author of the pogram
jimparis

Post by jimparis »

Just link to the project website.... http://ps2pc.parodius.com/
(this is an incredibly ancient project)
jgrimm

Post by jgrimm »

ya i know thats where i got it from, just thought it be somthing interesting to work on. has anyone tested this? i like to know if it works
jgrimm

Post by jgrimm »

also, does anyone know how the author is? i tried emailing the webmaster of the site but i got a error mailbox name not found
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

jgrimm wrote:also, does anyone know how the author is? i tried emailing the webmaster of the site but i got a error mailbox name not found
I believe that the site is just as dead as the project, and while the author hopefully is not so, it may still be impossible to reach him based on any info on that page.

There are tons of such pages around, carrying embryonic projects that never took off, designed by people who left the scene long ago. Or projects that were completed but still abandoned as times and interests changed.

I even have a few dead project pages of my own floating about on the Internet, as remnants of my activities many years ago. (Anyone interested in Atari ST stuff might want to check out my old page at dlanor.atari.org, for example.)

Best regards: dlanor
jgrimm

Post by jgrimm »

yea the last post there was '99 i think. im not old enough to remember most of the dead projects and i just started progrmming my ps2 about a week r 2 ago. I thought this mght be useful to port some pc stuff.