error with ps2-packer

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

deadly_despair

error with ps2-packer

Post by deadly_despair »

Well I got the ps2toolchain and sdk all set up(from the svn and using the tutorial at http://lukasz.dk/playstation-2-programm ... -tutorial/) and everything, but when i tried to install ps2-packer from the svn, i got the following:

Any ideas as to what the problem is?
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

Judging by your output (gcc -O3 ...) it seems you're not using the ee-gcc from the toolchain. Mostly probabily you forgot the usual mantra :

Code: Select all

export PS2DEV=/usr/local/ps2dev
 export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/bin
 export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/ee/bin
 export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/iop/bin
 export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/dvp/bin
 export PS2SDK=$PS2DEV/ps2sdk
 export PATH=$PATH:$PS2SDK/bin
You should get instead something like : ee-gcc -D_EE -O2 -G0 -Wall ...
ragnarok2040

Post by ragnarok2040 »

That won't help since ps2-packer is a computer application for compressing elfs. The library libdl.a is provided by glibc on linux in relation to loading shared libraries.

You should use the command 'make mingw', but you'll need to fix the Makefile's rules and definitions, like the MINGW_LIBGCC definition, and the gcc program name used for the compilation rules for the mingw target.

I remember actually trying to getting this to compile a couple years back using a recent version of mingw at the time, and it didn't work for some reason. I can't remember the problem.