Loading IRX From Buffer

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Dariusc123456

Loading IRX From Buffer

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Is there away to load a IRX from the buffer and not from the filename it self?
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Yes.
"He was warned..."
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Can you please explain to me how to load an IRX from a buffer. It would be most helpful to me for my ps2 program.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Take a look at the usage of SifExecModuleBuffer() in the main() function of ps2sdk/ee/loader/src/loader.c. You might also want to search for code that uses SifLoadModuleBuffer().
"He was warned..."
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Thanks. Now all I need to do is look at that IRX example to make one. The reason I ask because since my game will have everything packed into a file, I should go on and pack the IRX.

I hope you dont mine me asking one more question. I have search around for awhile, but there seem to be no proper tutorial for loading PSX Backups on FMCB. Everything I tried, like trying to load PSXLauncher.elf - didnt work. Loading it from uLaunchELF - Just stays at the PSX Logo. I even tried the regular way and it still dont work. What am I doing wrong? I have burn the backup at 4x, I have a trigger disc. Is there anyway to load backups? Can I load it from my flash drive and not from a cd ? Thank for your time.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Dariusc123456 wrote:I have search around for awhile, but there seem to be no proper tutorial for loading PSX Backups on FMCB.
And you won't ever find that here. Doesn't matter if it's a real backup or not, we don't discuss that sort of thing here. Take it somewhere else.