USB Data Value?

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Dariusc123456

USB Data Value?

Post by Dariusc123456 »

Hey,

I have a question about the ps2 usb ports. I am making a driver for my psp because I want to see if this type of thing works. On my game Socom II, It can support for USB Ethernet, so ny question is, what data need to be send from the psp to the ps2 to trick the ps2 into thinking its a ethernet connection?
I am not asking how to get internet connection, I am asking because on http://forums.sksapps.com/tutorials/788 ... -disk.html , or on 1Emulation forums(offline), it have a tutorial on making a ps2 disc into a swap disc by replacing one of the elf files with uLaunchELF (or any other elf files) via Apache v1.1. Since Socom II have 1 elf files, (other than my demos, which dont work with this trick unless im doing it wrong), I sold my Network Adapter,my magic swap disc are broken, and need to try to trick my ps2 into thinking it have a usb ethernet connection plug in. Thank you for any answers. If there's any other way to install it (without GS, AR, MODCHIP, or MAGIC-SWAP), let me know.[/url]
whig

Post by whig »

If your ps2 is old (vulnerable) enough, try searching for the Independence Exploit.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I got the PS2 Fat. the I.D. Exploit, also known as the MC Exploit, am I right? I am planning on installing this onto the memory stick, but since I broke my swap disc, and my network adapter been sold, I am doing a different way. But need help on the usb part so I can know what data to send via usb to verify as a ethernet usb connector. just a temporary way of tricking the ps2 fat.
PSHN - Playstation Hacking Network
PSX/PS1 - HACK - Game Shark
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
whig

Post by whig »

The I.E. has no relation to usb... you seem to be confusing memory cards with usb flash drives. Please study the docs about all this, to know what is possible.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

lol, let me put it like this because it seem you are confuse about my question.

I am trying to install the MC/ID Exploit onto my memory stick, but all my main options are gone. I follow a tutorial online to make a ps2 game into a swap disc (in my case, its socom). I have done everything, but it seem like I dont have a network adapter, or a usb ethernet connection. I want to trick the ps2 by making it think it have a ethernet usb connection without programming it onto the ps2. All the data I want to me sent from the psp to my ps2 to make it verify as a ethernet connection, but I dont know what data that need to be sent to the ps2 to verify as one. So my question again is what data need to be sent to the ps2 via usb to verify if it got a ethernet port? I know what I need to install.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
whig

Post by whig »

I haven't heard reports of an usb-to-ethernet device working on the ps2 yet. Would be great if it could be done that's for sure.

The ps2 Slim has its own built in ethernet of course but that's no good to you right now. There were once(?) harddisk/network kits available for the Fat. Alas I don't see a quick solution for you here, unless you get a Slim. And that's assuming the Slim talking to the Psp is a given.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

I just need some way to lauch uLaunchELF to install the exploit. I trying to save some money, and dont have time to buy anything right now.
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
whig

Post by whig »

Sorry, you have things around the wrong way. Independence first, then it loads LaunchELF.
Dariusc123456

Post by Dariusc123456 »

So those things i saw on http://forums.sksapps.com/tutorials/788 ... -disk.html dont work?
PS2 - HACK - Swap
PSP - HACK - Pandora
PS3 - ?
whig

Post by whig »

The technique remains the same: exploit loads LaunchElf. Find the exploit which works for you.