3D Reflection Demo.

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

LionX

3D Reflection Demo.

Post by LionX »

with libgs and libvux there is now excuse why people are aren't doing much on ps2.

I created this sample to show how reflection is done on the cars in Gran Turismo 1,2,... this example use Libgs and Libvux included in the ps2sdk. it should compile with no problem, you might only need to update your ps2sdk files. note: this is a 15,000 poly mesh rendering twice mostly useing the main cpu. performance can be increased by changing funtion that start with 'Vux....();' to 'Vu0...();' to use VU0 in macro mode to do 3d calculations.

NOW GO CREATE ME A N64 EMULATOR DAMIT !

bin & source
http://ps2dev.org/ps2/Code/Demonstrations/3DReflection

Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

Nice job, screenshot looks great :-)

I will run it on my PS2 later today.

Keep up the good work!
Ozqi

Post by Ozqi »

Thanks for the great demo!

One question about changing Vux...() to Vu0...():

I could only find Vu0ResetMatrix(), Vu0TransMatrixXYZ() and Vu0ScaleMatrixXYZ() in my libvux.h (fresh from svn trunk) to use as replacements and after doing so I could not notice any performance increase.

Am I missing something or just expecting too much?

Thanks again for the great demo, really appreciated! Looks awesome!
LionX

Post by LionX »

thanks

thats because there is a whole lot more vu0 funtions needed to see a increase in speed.

i been busy lately but i will try to work on adding more functions soon to take advantage of the ps2's 3D power