DVD Remote via USB.

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

andre_pl

DVD Remote via USB.

Post by andre_pl »

This is more of a general linux driver question, but i think people here are more likely to know what device i'm referring to. I've got one of those GreenAsia PS2->usb Controller adapters, which works fine for gamepads, but I've plugged in the infrared controller reciever for the DVD Remote in place of the gamepad, and I'm curious if its possible to read the extra buttons. if I just cat /dev/input/js0 those extra buttons produce no output, but i dont know if thats the device, or the driver which is unable to process them. how can I get the rawest access to the device to see if it really is recieving input from those buttons.. With the driver loaded, is the data coming from /dev/input/js0 truly the raw input from the device? or is that filtered by the driver?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The USB adapter reads the device and converts it into USB HID data. If the adapter isn't specifically programmed to handle a device, it won't. It sounds like the adapter just doesn't handle the extra buttons on the remote.