All SVN clients crash checking out ps2sdk

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

MadManMarkAu

All SVN clients crash checking out ps2sdk

Post by MadManMarkAu »

For the life of me I don't understand this one.

I'm new to the PS2 scene. I'm trying to checkout the latest ps2sdk svn. however, every single SVN client I've tried crashes when checking out "ps2sdk\iop\tcpip\tcpip\src\include\arch\cpu.h"

I've tried about 4 or 5 different clients and all of them crash on that one file. I'm not sure if it's something with the current revision or if it's a problem on my machine (most likely).

No other site has the latest subversion for download except this one. Can anyone do me a favor and update->zip->post the latest subversion for me, or tell me how I can download the source tree without using an svn client? I've literally spent 5 hours on this problem.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Works here, it's very unlikely the clients "crash", are they throwing any error messages? if so what are they?
If the clients really are just crashing then you have bigger problems to worry about before getting the source.
MadManMarkAu

Post by MadManMarkAu »

No, it's not an error, it's actually a segfault. I get that windows exception handler with Debug/Don't Send/Send. It's a consistent crash, always on the same file. The only other programs on my system that crash are in my own programs when I forget to initialize a pointer.
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

I've uploaded the latest revision (1525) of the ps2sdk source along with the prebuilt libraries and tools here:

http://lukasz.dk/files/ps2sdk

You just need to run 'make install' in the ps2sdk directory to install ps2sdk.
MadManMarkAu

Post by MadManMarkAu »

Cool, thanks. I got it set up and my development environment is now complete. Now, to start experimenting :D