USB mass question

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

methos3

USB mass question

Post by methos3 »

I am developing a little program, and it will need USB mass support.
I was going to add the usb_mass.irx module, to read dir file names, etc, but I found the usbhdfsd.irx and its source, and looks like it's a new version of the usb_mass driver, but it has no usage sample, and no EE imports, so where can I found a code to help me to use the usbhdfsd.irx instead of usa_mass.irx?
The readme says:
"This project is based directly off the original "USB_MASS" project. I've removed the PC testing stuff like VFAT, etc
and some of the debugging things. I've also removed the RPC server. In addition I split some files up into
more files and renamed other files."
So it means that I can't use the mass_rpc.h from the sample if I use the usbhdfsd.irx?

Since now, thanks!
radad

Post by radad »

usbhdfsd.irx is the newer version of usb_mass.irx. It had the rpc stuff stripped out of it though as it wasnt necessary. You can get directory listings using the normal method ie fioDopen("mass:/") and friends.
methos3

Post by methos3 »

Mmm...
Thanks, man!
I didn't know about the fioDread family functions.
It's very easy to use them, so this is why the rpc server for exporting the functions was removed.
I will use the usbhdfsd with my program, then, it's already listing cdvd files with no prob, and now will work with mass drives too.

Cya!