accept() fails ? networking issue

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Ramja

accept() fails ? networking issue

Post by Ramja »

solved
Last edited by Ramja on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramja

Post by Ramja »

No body?

I think issue with my IRX loading because the function work wn i load the elf with ps2link, but not when i use as a standalone.

what's even more uncommon, If i use the iRX loading straight from ps2link it still fails?

i cannot connect. excuse my bad english
LionX

Post by LionX »

hey, you need to post what did to avoid someone getting stuck on this problem again. thats how we work at ps2dev.org
methos3

Post by methos3 »

Hello!
I am starting a little program to send and receive messages/files for the PS2 and for PC.
For what I've searched, you will need to load the ps2dev9.irx, ps2smap.irx and ps2ip.irx modules, (order matter! i think :) ).
I looked the ps2smap.irx code and looks like you need to pass the IP settings as its param, ex: "192.168.2.2 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1". In another words: a string in this format: "IP MASK GATEWAY".
To use the accept and the other socket functions, you will need the ps2ip.irx (I think).
The ps2dev9.irx is needed in order to load ps2smap.irx.

Why don't you try to reset the IOP? This will unload any modules previously loaded by another programs(and, of course, lose conectivity with ps2link), then load your own modules. A good idea is to use the bin2c tool to convert the irx's to code and then use SifExecModuleBuffer() function to load them.

Good luck!

[edit]
I think you won't need to load the ps2ip.irx module!!
The tcpip sample don't load the ps2ip.irx, so I think the ps2ip.h EE functions aren't imported from the IOP functions.