can't find ps2client 2.0.0

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

loyx

can't find ps2client 2.0.0

Post by loyx »

I tried downloading PS2CLIENT from this site but I get 404'd (seems to link to someone elses site). I eventually found it in an old archive I had but it won't compile correctly. Comes out with this error:

"src/ps2link.c: In function 'ps2link_request_dread':
src/ps2link.c:615: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
make: *** [obj/ps2link.o] Error 1
"
If anyone knows a proper download for PS2CLIENT or any other program that can interact with ps2link v1.46, or knows how to fix the compiling error that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

The 'proper' and latest version of ps2client is in the svn repository. You can grab it by typing:

Code: Select all

svn checkout svn://svn.ps2dev.org/ps2/trunk/ps2client
I think I had a precompiled version for windows around somewhere... hmm.
loyx

Post by loyx »

hey, checked that version out from svn along with the latest ps2link, however whenever I try to load an elf file (ps2client -h 192.168.1.66 execee host:test.elf) it just freezes.

It works flawlessly with Xlink however.
Any solution?

[edit] ps2client runs the program when i click start vu0 and start vu1 in Xlink. However using the start vu command in ps2client on its own doesn't seem to solve the problem. Weird.
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

That's very strange. What does the test.elf do?
loyx

Post by loyx »

ooPo wrote:That's very strange. What does the test.elf do?
oh, it was just a cube program. I tried multiple programs and it didn't work. Maybe using colinux had something to do with it?