PS2 Laptop Development

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

pablok2

PS2 Laptop Development

Post by pablok2 »

I need suggestions on making a PS2 laptop. I want to use a slim ps2, an lcd screen, and some sort of power system. Please help if you can. Thank you.
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

This thread probably belongs in another forum. This forum is primarily concerned with software development for the PS2. Though you're attempting to develop a PS2 laptop, I don't think that's what the staff had in mind :)

One thing to keep in mind is that the slim PSTwo doesn't have an ejecting tray, but an opening lid. There will have to be some sort of workaround for this if you're intending to employ a keyboard as in a laptop. If not, I suppose this wouldn't be an issue.

After picking or designing a suitable case (as in, the laptop shell), the two major issues I see will be adapting the PS2 video cable for compatibility with the laptop's video cable (they don't exactly employ the kind of connector you see various adapters for in the common market), and the issue of power. You could either have a laptop battery and power supply, and find a way to adapt power from the power supply to the PS2, or you could use the PS2's normal AC adapter (the power brick), and simply employ some sort of uninterruptable power supply (though, most of them don't last long, and are likely too heavy for portablility). I would probably strive for the former.
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
pablok2

Post by pablok2 »

i've seen pics of PS2s with screens mounted on them, but the ps2 wasn't slim and the screen was to small. Well, thanks for the hlp, i guess this will reqire some engineering. I was hoping it could play mp3s, vids, but (i guess thats my software related issue), i don't think a keyboard will be necessary either. Thank you.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Why not just get something like http://gear.ign.com/articles/631/631696p1.html ? And yes this thread is very off-topic.
pablok2

Post by pablok2 »

thanks man, this is exactly what i was looking for, and it doesn't require unnecessary work! thanks, sorry about the off topic