Help me to compil ALTIMIT

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

tac

Help me to compil ALTIMIT

Post by tac »

Hi all!
I started the programming and thus to train
I work on ALTIMIT. But I can't compile what I do and therefore I would like someone help me compile what I do.
Altimit uses old lib where is it?
If I have a problem writing a code (video player for example), can you help me .... because I would like ALTIMIT read MP3 and DIVX ..... but if I built the program and that I can't compile, how to test.
i need help!! Please ...
Sorry for my bad english.
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

It looks like ALTIMIT requires libcdvd, gslib, and sbv-1.0-lite. Were you not able to compile ALTIMIT, or were you able to compile ALTIMIT, but not anything you created using ALTIMIT?

Assuming you can't compile ALTIMIT, drop to console (msys, Cygwin, Linux, whatever), cd into your ps2dev directory, and check out the three missing libraries using SVN:

svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/ps2/trunk/gslib
svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/ps2/trunk/ps2sdk/ee/sbv
svn co svn://svn.ps2dev.org/ps2/trunk/ps2sdk/ee/rpc/cdvd

To be lazy, you can just rename the "sbv" directory to "sbv-1.0-lite", and rename the "cdvd" directory to "libcdvd". Now cd into the libcdvd directory, and type "make". Do the same for gslib and sbv.

However, I still can't compile ALTIMIT, as I get an error saying the linker can't find -lsbv_patches (which isn't the same as saying it doesn't recognize the command, meaning it does know -lsbv_patches is really something, but doesn't know exactly what).

Perhaps someone with a bit more experience and knowledge can lend a hand, or perhaps you can come up with the answer, now that you know where to find the required libraries (assuming you didn't before).
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
misfire

Post by misfire »

IIRC, it must be -lpatches and not -lsbv_patches. Try to change it in the Makefile.
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

Worth a shot, though mrbrown (the author of SBV) says in the readme to use -lsbv_patches...I'll give it a try later, nonetheless, if the reader hasn't already tried it. Thanks.
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...
misfire

Post by misfire »

The Makefile builds "libpatches.a", so -lpatches should work.

I guess one of the PS2SDK maintainers changed the library name for simplicity.
tac

Post by tac »

OK thanks but i can't compile, and i don't know why.

Forget it because I however that someone me compile it :

http://rapidshare.com/files/142334286/r ... c.rar.html

It is a version of RADMENU which I have almost no change but I would like to know if someone happens to compile before making big changes.