PS2SDK WIN32 No ELF

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

ay_okay

PS2SDK WIN32 No ELF

Post by ay_okay »

I recently downloaded the pre-compiled win32 PS2SDK and I tried compiling one of the samples. I got no errors, an object file was created and .erl file was created, but no .elf.

Code: Select all

$ make
ee-gcc -D_EE -O2 -G0 -Wall  -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/include  -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/common/include  -I.  -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ports -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ports/include -c hello.c -o hello.o
ee-gcc -mno-crt0 -o hello.erl hello.o -D_EE -O2 -G0 -Wall  -L/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/lib -Wl,-r
ee-strip --strip-unneeded -R .mdebug.eabi64 -R .reginfo -R .comment hello.erl
I know this is a basic setup question, but I'm new to PS2 development. Any ideas?
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

Yes, you likely compiled one of the ERL samples. Try compiling one of the other samples (graph, for example), or, per Drakonite, "There is a line in the makefile that starts with "ERL_BIN =" ... if you change it to "EE_BIN =" it will cause it to build elfs instead of erls." I do believe the output file is also file.erl, which should be changed to file.elf in the makefile as well.
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...