changing video mode in ps2tut_02a

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

NoobWithBoobs

changing video mode in ps2tut_02a

Post by NoobWithBoobs »

Hello all,
I am tryin to learn all this, it seems the default video mode is PAL,cuz I changed the image displayed,and it shows fine in pcsx2 ,which indicates it is running in PAL mode,but my ntsc ps2 rolls the image.
So which file and what do I change for the video mode?
Ive read the pdf,over and over,and im not clear still,it seems i should be using the gs init() function ,but not sure which file contains that. the gs.h?

p.s. i am refering to the example ps2tut_02a
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

In g2.c change

Code: Select all

gs_set_crtc(NON_INTERLACED, v->ntsc_pal, FRAME);
to

Code: Select all

gs_set_crtc(NON_INTERLACED, NTSC, FRAME);
This will hardcode the video mode to NTSC. As an alternative you can change the vmodes[] struct in the top g2.c

Recompiling the code might require some work, as the tutorials are from very beginning of ps2dev :-)
NoobWithBoobs

Post by NoobWithBoobs »

thanks again!
Seemed to work,got an error on my first try to compile,but got it goin in pcsx2,and it said it was running in ntsc mode.
LBGSHI

Post by LBGSHI »

noobwithboobs: Nice to see you're really getting into PS2 dev; it's good to see new blood from time to time.

Lukasz: She (or he?) is using the PS2Tut set I included in the compilable compilation I put together; source has been updated for compatibility with the latest PS2SDK.
I may be lazy, but I can...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...