Problems with Linux install in HDD (Mega man guide)

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

kpo_net

Problems with Linux install in HDD (Mega man guide)

Post by kpo_net »

I have this problem when trying to install Linux in the HDD of my PS2 SCPH-30001 R ,with the Mega Man guide (step 7).

/> fdisk dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel
Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only, until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous content won`t be recoverable.

Internal error
/>

Help plizzzzz
ragnarok2040

Post by ragnarok2040 »

I had this problem. I had to put the hard drive into a computer running windows and format the whole thing using disk management under administrative tools under control panel. Though, I ran into that problem after trying to use the wrong format option, heh. It's probably possible to use a newer version of fdisk or cfdisk or the like in Linux on a pc to format it as well.

You could try using ps2fdisk, prior to formatting, from playstation2-linux.com, put it on a usb flash drive. You can mount it using mount -t vfat /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc/part1 /mnt/usb (after creating that directory).