error compilation

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

pikajuju

error compilation

Post by pikajuju »

Hello,

I'm french, so sorry for my english.

I have a problem when i want to compile the hello world who is in ps2dev/ps2sdk/samples/hello.

I get this message :

Code: Select all

ee-gcc -D_EE -02 -G0 -Wall -IC:/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/include -IC:ps2dev/ps2sdk/common/include -I.  -c -hello.c -o hello.o
make: ee-gcc: Command not found
make: *** [hello.o] Error 127
What is the problem ??

Thanks for your help.
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

Hello,

Have you done what's described at the readme of the ps2toolchain ?

2) Add the following to your login script:

export PS2DEV=/usr/local/ps2dev
  export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/bin
  export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/ee/bin
  export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/iop/bin
  export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/dvp/bin
  export PS2SDK=$PS2DEV/ps2sdk
  export PATH=$PATH:$PS2SDK/bin
pikajuju

Post by pikajuju »

I don't have this in my readme...

Where to put that you have written?

EDIT : i have this in my ps2dev.bat :

set PS2DEV=C:/ps2dev
set PS2SDK=%PS2DEV%/ps2sdk
set PATH=%PATH%;%PS2DEV%/bin;%PS2DEV%/ee/bin;%PS2DEV%/iop/bin;%PS2DEV%/dvp/bin;%PS2SDK%/bin
That's this which you talk ?
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

It seems you're using a pre-compiled sdk for windows... I was refering to the "you compile" toolchain for cygwin/linux.

Then in your case, yes, you should run this bat file at the command line and it should work.
pikajuju

Post by pikajuju »

But it not work ! I have always the same error...
ttguy

Post by ttguy »

pikajuju wrote:But it not work ! I have always the same error...
My suggestion is to try the "You Compile the toolchain" option from
http://lukasz.dk/playstation-2-programm ... -tutorial/ - Option 1:

I have just recently succeeded in doing this and have got the Hello World code to compile and run. Eg I got \local\ps2dev\ps2sdk\samples\cube to compile after running the instal described on the tutorial above without much trouble.
pikajuju

Post by pikajuju »

ttguy wrote:
pikajuju wrote:But it not work ! I have always the same error...
My suggestion is to try the "You Compile the toolchain" option from
http://lukasz.dk/playstation-2-programm ... -tutorial/ - Option 1:

I have just recently succeeded in doing this and have got the Hello World code to compile and run. Eg I got \local\ps2dev\ps2sdk\samples\cube to compile after running the instal described on the tutorial above without much trouble.
He still displays the same error...
pikajuju

Post by pikajuju »

Nobody to help me ?
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You need to describe what you're doing, not just the results. The results are clear: you haven't set the environment variables for the toolchain. Now tell us what OS you're using, and how you are trying to run the toolchain.
pikajuju

Post by pikajuju »

J.F. wrote:You need to describe what you're doing, not just the results. The results are clear: you haven't set the environment variables for the toolchain. Now tell us what OS you're using, and how you are trying to run the toolchain.
I have Windows XP.
I run cmd, i type "ps2dev.bat", then "make", and i get this :

ee-gcc -D_EE -02 -G0 -Wall -IC:/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/include -IC:ps2dev/ps2sdk/common/include -I.  -c -hello.c -o hello.o 
make: ee-gcc: Command not found 
make: *** [hello.o] Error 127
Lukasz

Post by Lukasz »

What would help greatly in locating your problem would be if you could search your file system for ee-gcc.exe and see if its located in C:\ps2dev\ee\bin.

I noticed that you have slash '/' instead for backslash '\' in the paths in your ps2dev.bat, you might want to try changing the slashes to backslashes.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

You can't just enter the envvar commands into the Windows command shell. As the linked tutorial says, msys requires you to add them to the msys login.
First thing you need to do is to add the PS2Dev enviroment variables your MSYS login script. This is done by adding the following to etc/profile in the MSYS directory. Use an editor which supports Unix file format like Crimson Editor (Preferences -> File -> Save in Unix format) to edit the file.

I THINK that you can just use the exports in the cygwin shell if you use cygwin, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
pikajuju

Post by pikajuju »

Lukasz wrote:What would help greatly in locating your problem would be if you could search your file system for ee-gcc.exe and see if its located in C:\ps2dev\ee\bin.

I noticed that you have slash '/' instead for backslash '\' in the paths in your ps2dev.bat, you might want to try changing the slashes to backslashes.
Yes, i have ee-gcc.exe in C:\ps2dev\ee\bin

I type just "make" in ps2dev.bat ! so i can't change '/' in '\'

J.F. wrote:You can't just enter the envvar commands into the Windows command shell. As the linked tutorial says, msys requires you to add them to the msys login.
First thing you need to do is to add the PS2Dev enviroment variables your MSYS login script. This is done by adding the following to etc/profile in the MSYS directory. Use an editor which supports Unix file format like Crimson Editor (Preferences -> File -> Save in Unix format) to edit the file.

I THINK that you can just use the exports in the cygwin shell if you use cygwin, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
I have already do this. But it not work, i get the same error.