ps2 linux on usb memory

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

bruno.bertechini

Post by bruno.bertechini »

deba5er wrote:
You can adjust the the HSIZ and VSIZ, HPOS and VPOS on your TV if you feel comfortable with service modes. Otherwise you can use this version of X - http://phatbox.sixpak.org/ps2linux/
Example to set margins of 5 pixels:
export TV_MARGIN_X=5
export TV_MARGIN_Y=5

vga parameters won't work for CRT NTSC or PAL. You will have to do one of the above to fix it.
Does this apply to "console" mode? I am not using X at this point..

Regards.

Bruno

Will try that.
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

@bruno.bertechini
Does this apply to "console" mode? I am not using X at this point..
No, it only applies to X. However, setcrtmode applies to console mode to switch between NTSC, PAL, DTV, VESA modes. However, if you are getting overscan (cut off on the left) I know no other way but to go into service mode on your TV and adjust it there HSIZ and HPOS. This is a very common problem.
bruno.bertechini

MegaMan: Can you point me to the heads of your code to start debugging and try to fix the "eromdrvloader.irx" and very long delay on recent models os PSTwo ?

Any help would be appreciate.

For now, I am configuring ps2link to help me on debug and preparing a working eclipse C/C++ development on a new laptop with Debian-5

Regards.

Bruno

P.S.: I already have the newest code crom CVS (kernelloader).
bruno.bertechini

MegaMan

I'm having an issue with zlib.h while trying to run a make test for kernelloader (head revision from cvs):

Code: Select all

make -C loader test
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/kernelloader/loader'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `zlib.h', needed by `loader.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/kernelloader/loader'
make: *** [test] Error 2
I do have a zlib.h in the ps2toolchain:

/usr/local/src/ps2toolchain/build/gcc-3.2.2/zlib/zlib.h

But I am not sure if your build is configured to get that... I assume you're using "zlib.h" because you do want to use a custom lib instead of linux-system zlib.h (from zlib1g-dev for example).

Am I missing some tricky conf here?

If I change the directive to use system's lib (from "zlib.h" to <zlib.h> in loader.c) I got:

make -C loader test
make&#91;1&#93;&#58; Entering directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/kernelloader/loader'
make&#91;1&#93;&#58; *** No rule to make target `../include/zlib.h', needed by `loader.o'.  Stop.
make&#91;1&#93;&#58; Leaving directory `/usr/local/ps2dev/kernelloader/loader'
make&#58; *** &#91;test&#93; Error 2

This is the line being called :

ee-gcc -E -M -MG -D_EE -O2 -G0 -Wall -g -I/usr/local/ps2dev/gsKit/include -I../include -Wall -W -DRESET_IOP -DSCREENSHOT -DOLD_ROM_MODULES  -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ports/include -Wimplicit-int -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/ee/include -I/usr/local/ps2dev/ps2sdk/common/include -I.  loader.c >.depend/loader.d
I've found that I was missing the sources for gsKit. But even with that checked out, I still have same issue. I would bet the problem is the -I../include because I don't see that in my source tree...

What do you have pointing to this directory?

If you are compiling from /usr/src (I would say that based on other files/directories), ../include would be /usr, and /usr/include/zlib.h is a system library (zlib1g-dev).

Which one should I use?

Best Regards!

Bruno
bruno.bertechini

Success :) Now I'm able to compile kernelloader from cvs head.

Here is a list of my previous problems:

1. I was missing some "modules" from ps2dev: usb_mass, ps2sdk-ports (zlib), gsKit, ps2-packer

2. I didn't have the $PS2SDKSRC variable pointing to my ps2sdk src.

3. I didn't have the sjcrunch PS2 Packer. I had to download, and compile.
ATTENTION: For newer versions of linux it will probably fail if you try to compile it (for pc).

Because the Makefile uses a lzo lib version 1. So, in my debian box, I had to copy C header files from

/usr/include/lzo/*.h
to

/usr/include/
AND modify the Makefile to use

-llzo2
instead of

-llzo
Here is the content of the Makefile (original):

OBJS = sjcrunch_packer.o

all&#58; $&#40;OBJS&#41;
        gcc $&#40;OBJS&#41; -o sjcrunch_packer -L. -I/usr/include -L/usr/local/lib -llzo

.c.o&#58;
        gcc -c $< -o $*.o

clean&#58;
        rm -rf *.o sjcrunch_packer
And here it is, modified:

OBJS = sjcrunch_packer.o

all&#58; $&#40;OBJS&#41;
        gcc $&#40;OBJS&#41; -o sjcrunch_packer -L. -I/usr/include -L/usr/local/lib -llzo2

.c.o&#58;
        gcc -c $< -o $*.o

clean&#58;
        rm -rf *.o sjcrunch_packer
Of course I could added one more include directive (like -I/usr/include/lzo), but I was very sleepy at that time :)

Well, now it's time to sleep, my wife and daughter will kill me tomorrow morning :) lol

Tomorrow I will give a try on ps2link and check if I can boot blackrhino with my own compiled version of kernelloader.

After that, try to fix the issues I mentioned before:

- Very long delay while loading kernelloader in consoles v15+

- eromdrvloader.irx problem

- Starting modules delay (after boot "current" configuration).

See you guys!

Bruno
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

@bruno.bertechini

Glad you got it to build. I went back and checked my kernelloader1.9 build and noted that directly from the build directory I have a zlib directory dated Feb. 2005. I can't remember, but I think I just downloaded the zlib and compiled in build/zlib to get kernelloader to compile. It is the 02-15-2005 version. So I guess I don't remember coming across this problem, but apparently did and solved it a different way ;-) Glad to hear you solved it your way.

I spent the day working through problems with a non-usb/non-hdd version of PS2-Linux (Windows share SMB only). This was probably the toughest problem I've worked so far on PS2-Linux. I have a windows Vista PC share directory and have automated it such that the user provides a hosts file (in the kloader directory) and customizes the ip address, sharename, user, password into an init_smb file on the PS2 memory card and it will boot off of a loop device image on the windows share, then once booted, mount the share again and setup a second loop device as 64MB swap. The image uses the gamepad as the mouse and uses a virtual keyboard for data entry. I'm playing xmms internet radio while surfing ps2dev.org and psx-scene.com and it isn't too laggy, but the hdd version of PS2-Linux is very much faster. I've been working this idea from peterdcrees who noted that sound works with RTE modules on v15+ only when there is NOTHING plugged into the USB ports (including keyboard/mouse). This version relies upon the v2 kernel from Mega Man as I need to copy files from the memory card.

2 important things I've discovered:
1) don't vi a file on the memory card from PS2-Linux. You will end up with repeated garbage at the end of the file. To get around this I vi the file in the intrd or on my /mnt/sda1 USB device, then cp it to the memory card.
2) when using FCMB (free mcboot) from a non-Sony memory card on a v3 PS2, free mcboot will not start with a Sony gamepad. But when I attach a non-Sony gamepad, it works fine. When the Sony gamepad is plugged in, it goes straight to the normal Sony browser (non-exploit). So Sony memory card works with Sony gamepad, non-Sony memory card works with non-Sony gamepad, but don't mix them!

I've uploaded the 7-zipped ps2linux 1GB file (110MB), swapfile (less than 1MB) , initrd.usb2.smb.gz, and example hosts and init_smb to place in mc0:/kloader to ps2.nuclearfall.com.
cosmito

Post by cosmito »

The image uses the gamepad as the mouse and uses a virtual keyboard for data entry
Can you made those utils available too or provide a link to those, please?
bruno.bertechini

deba5er wrote:
Glad you got it to build. I went back and checked my kernelloader1.9 build and noted that directly from the build directory I have a zlib directory dated Feb. 2005. I can't remember, but I think I just downloaded the zlib and compiled in build/zlib to get kernelloader to compile. It is the 02-15-2005 version. So I guess I don't remember coming across this problem, but apparently did and solved it a different way ;-) Glad to hear you solved it your way.
It took me almost all night long, but thats worthy :)
deba5er wrote: I spent the day working through problems with a non-usb/non-hdd version of PS2-Linux (Windows share SMB only). This was probably the toughest problem I've worked so far on PS2-Linux. I have a windows Vista PC share directory and have automated it such that the user provides a hosts file (in the kloader directory) and customizes the ip address, sharename, user, password into an init_smb file on the PS2 memory card and it will boot off of a loop device image on the windows share, then once booted, mount the share again and setup a second loop device as 64MB swap. The image uses the gamepad as the mouse and uses a virtual keyboard for data entry. I'm playing xmms internet radio while surfing ps2dev.org and psx-scene.com and it isn't too laggy, but the hdd version of PS2-Linux is very much faster. I've been working this idea from peterdcrees who noted that sound works with RTE modules on v15+ only when there is NOTHING plugged into the USB ports (including keyboard/mouse). This version relies upon the v2 kernel from Mega Man as I need to copy files from the memory card.
I would say you'll get improved performance if you use Root NFS mounted from a NFS server rather than SMB. The protocol is indeed faster.

I have worked for several years with diskless linux station with Thinstation and LTSP projetcs around x86 pcs.

If we are able to produce custom initrd, it would be very easy, and we do have a second choice:

1) Same as you're doing: Use initrd to do the job.

2) Use an elf program compiled to run on PS2 to act just like a "network boot". http://www.rom-o-matic.net.

I bet the #2 would be faster and easier for the end user... But would be very hard to get it work (im guessing). This is my first time programming for PS2 world, but I would bet we can cross-compile something to boot directly from network and use DHCP/BOOTP to get ip address AND kernels.

Have anyone tried that? I remember seeing something related to this subject in this forum...will dig a litle more :)

Anyway, it's good to know you're making progress with the sound issue...

As soon as I get the delay problem fixed/resolved will jump into this one...

Do you have any v15+ to test this delay issue together with me? Or am I alone?

My model, as I said before, is a SCPH-79001 ( I didn't find anything related to be a v16 or so).

Regards
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

@cosmito - It is still in development, but I posted it to http://ps2.nuclearfall.com

Also if you already have ps2-linux working and just want the joymouse and xvkbd utils (and instructions) go here - http://www.4shared.com/dir/8728191/2a84 ... aring.html

Get: joymouse-0.5-ps2-slow2.tar.bz2,startjs,xvkbd-3.0-ps2.tar.bz2,joymouse_notes.rtf. You will have to untarbz and run make install as root on the two packages plus do other configuration work as noted in the .rtf file.

OR if you want to install the Windows mounted PS2-Linux do this:

Download the 1GB Windows Share (SMB) Image compressed with 7-zip:
(1GB image - 1GB Linux) Unzip (using 7-zip) it to your Windows share directory. It will make a 1GB image. Give full control permissions to user accessing the share.
ps2linux_loop.7z 109MB

Also download the compressed swapfile, initrd file, and the init_smb script to place in mc0:/kloader along with hosts file :

(64MB swapfile) - also unzip with 7-zip in same Windows share directory. Give full control permissions to user accessing the share.
swapfile.7z 889KB

(hosts file for mc0:/kloader - change ps2 and windows pc lines appropriate to your setup)
hosts

(init_smb file for mc0:/kloader - change the section at the top called CUSTOMIZE for your IP, share name, user, password)
init_smb

(initrd file for Windows share SMB use) - I place this on a second memory card since the idea is NOT to use the usb. I left usb2 in the name for now, just noticed, will fix later. Using kloader2.0, the latest fat_and_slim_v2.gz kernel, and this initrd, using default kernel parameters, and the two RTE sound modules in the kloader directory, you should have sound on Slim v15+ (according to peterdcrees, as I don't have this model)
initrd.usb2.smb.gz
Last edited by deba5er on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mega Man

Post by Mega Man »

@citronalco: Your ROM version 0220 is bigger than 0190, so the slim modules should be auto configured. I don't know why is not correctly detected. Maybe it loaded the old configuration from the memory card.

@bruno.bertechini: The README file shoud describe all necessary steps to build kernelloader.

For debugging the delay problem on v16 I suggest to follow the steps:
1. Remove eromdrvloader.irx from loader/modules.c.
2. Remove SMS*.irx from loader/modules.c
3. Remove the files loader/SMS_CD* and all calls to the functions of them.
4. Remove ps2smap.irx from loader/modules.c.
5. Remove ps2ip.irx and ps2dev9.irx from loader/modules.c.

Then tell me which step leads to speed up.

DHCP is handled by the ps2smap.irx or ps2ip.irx module. I didn't tried to write a homebrew application which supports DHCP. I think the right parameter for ps2ip.irx will activate it.

I have a v15, there is no delay and no error message at startup. So this problem is only on v16 or on Australian slim PSTwo?
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

@bruno.bertechini
you'll get improved performance if you use Root NFS
Very likely, but alot of users have Windows, not Linux. I know many NAS hard drive enclosures support NFS though. Peterdcrees has nfs boot working. Do you know of Windows NFS server software for free?
Use an elf program compiled to run on PS2 to act just like a "network boot".
Maybe something like this will work:
ps2client -h ps2 execee host:ps2mame2.elf

This is my ps2mame configuration, where I start the server on the PS2 and run the .elf from the Windows PC along with any necessary files/directories on the PC. However, once Linux boots, how is it going to work to maintain the connection or replace the connection?
As soon as I get the delay problem fixed/resolved will jump into this one...
Mega Man noted something about this in one of the ps2dev threads. I'll search and see if I can find the info. If he hasn't solved it, it might be very difficult to resolve as opposed to he just hasn't gotten around to fixing it yet ;-) EDIT - I see Mega Man has chimed in while I was writing this, so ignore (and thanks, Mega Man).
Do you have any v15+ to test this delay issue together with me?
I could not get my hands on a v14 or higher to test. I'm testing on a FAT PS2/v12 slim which is vastly different, and makes it frustrating for both the developer (me) and the tester in the field with the right model console.
My model, as I said before, is a SCPH-79001
http://www.eurasia.nu/wiki/index.php?pa ... rsionTable
This is the link I used to note you have a v16. It may be right, or not, after all it is a wiki ;-)
bruno.bertechini

Mega Man wrote: The README file shoud describe all necessary steps to build kernelloader.
I do know that, but seems your README file needs a little reorder for the steps...

At the beginning of instructions you mention:
INSTALL:
First you need to compile ps2smap and ps2link from ps2dev svn and copy the
modules "ps2smap.irx" and "ps2link.irx" to the directory "$PS2SDK/iop/irx/".
Then run make for a test (You should change the ip address in
loader/Makefile" and in "loader/loader.c" variable "ifcfg")
And when I run `make test` the errors I sent before do happen.

This is a minor issue, since I already have kernelloader compiling.

The only problem was : I was following strictly what was stated at the README (my bad, sorry) I didn't read the whole file before compiling. I think it's because it was past 3am :)

I will change the code accordingly and check out if we can fix that...

By owning a v16 and knowing a bit of programming I am willing to help you all...

I will skip DHCP for now and just try to figure out the delay problem....
I have a v15, there is no delay and no error message at startup. So this problem is only on v16 or on Australian slim PSTwo?
Mine is a American (EUA) v16 version, as per deba5er link:
SCPH-79001A (GH-061-12) (B6140B D0020U)

How can I confirm that? Only with the ROMVER ?
bruno.bertechini

Guys, Have anyone tried PS2LINK with the PSTwo v16 (SCPH-79001) ?

I can boot to ps2link, it appears "Ready" but I cant communicate (even the network link display at my switch doesnt appear to be on).

Even with DEBUG=1 (recompilink ps2link) it shows all modules being loaded coreectly.
Welcome to pswlink v1.52
Screenshow capable
pswlink loaded at 0x000A8000-0x000F79E9
Checking argv
path is mc0:/boot/boot.elf
Booting from mc0:/boot/boot.elf
Using cached config
reset iop
rpc init
Initializing...
loading modules
loadModules
Net config: 192.168.1.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1
Exec poweroff module. (d8050, 3413) [0] returned
Exec ps2dev9 module. (d49c0, 10113) [0] returned
Exec ps2ip module. (be4e0, 78225) [0] returned
Exec ps2smap module. (d1690, 13077) [0] returned
Exec ioptrap module. (d7160, 3805) [0] returned
Exec ps2link module. (b4410, 344115113) [0] returned
All modules loaded on IOP.
init cmdrpc
Ready
I might be missing somthing but it seems the ps2link is not working with my network adapter.

Any clue?

Bruno
bruno.bertechini

I've booted with Sony's official Disc to setup internet connection for DNAS and it works just fine. I was worried if my network adapter might be damaged.

I've successfully acquired IP Address through DHCP using the official disc (the one shipped together with the console).

So I am pretty sure the network driver from PS2DEV/PS2Link is not working for slim PSTwo v16 SCPH-79001.

Curiosity: The Official CD from Sony does contain a smap.irx module. Is that usable in anyway to "extract" it and use as the slim driver?

Is that possible?
bruno.bertechini

Mega Man wrote:
1. Remove eromdrvloader.irx from loader/modules.c.
2. Remove SMS*.irx from loader/modules.c
3. Remove the files loader/SMS_CD* and all calls to the functions of them.
MegaMan, The error "eromdrvloader.irx" is gone after removing the references. I would go through the code and try to understand it...I did see few lines calling CDVD / CDDA at the init steps...that might do the trick...will try to not check the CD during the boot...

Now the kernelloader starts and goes directly to the menu (loadermenu.cpp).

The ps2smap module is still taking almost 1 minute to load. But this also happens with ps2link.
I do believe this is a problem with ps2smap with my version of PSTwo... Its not working yet...If thats the case, I think we need to go into the smap drive and try to gather something...

No idea at this point.

Regards.
Mega Man

Post by Mega Man »

You can disable loading of ps2smap.irx, but you will not have network support in Linux.
If you get ps2link working, you can use the command "execiop" to check why eromdrvloader.irx is not working. But you need first to load ROM0:ADDDRV to get support for ROM1.
Maybe the network link is detected if you connect the PSTwo to a computer with a cross-over cable instead using a switch.
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

Hello, I am new to the ps2 forums, and I think I have a comment that is relevant to the conversation at hand.

Of course I want to get Linux working on my slim silver ps2 (79001), but I get this screen here:

From that screen, I THINK the error is " eromdrvloader.irx", but cannot be sure because of that unknown fat diskette is in the way. Haven't the slightest idea why that was put there.

But to be honest, I haven't a clue where to begin. I have seen so many tutorials on this subject, none of which make any sense. I remember seeing the kernelloader is needed, but is this to be started from the memory card or the thumb drive?

Oh, and obviously I want to install to and boot linux from a thumb drive since there is no HDD available on my ps2.

I was attempting to use this: http://kernelloader.sourceforge.net/tut ... linux.html

But, I cannot because it appears a lot of filenames have changed since this thing was updated...
Mega Man

Post by Mega Man »

SlimSilver wrote: I THINK the error is " eromdrvloader.irx", but cannot be sure because of that unknown fat diskette is in the way. Haven't the slightest idea why that was put there.
The error is caused by eromdrvloader.irx. The disc shows up when kernelloader is loading. Putting it before the text was indeed a bad idea.
I thought this problem will only happen an Australian console, but now it seems related to the SCPH-79001.
SlimSilver wrote: But to be honest, I haven't a clue where to begin. I have seen so many tutorials on this subject, none of which make any sense. I remember seeing the kernelloader is needed, but is this to be started from the memory card or the thumb drive?
You can freely decide if you want to install it on a memory card or a thumb drive, but the memory card is normally too small and too slow. So the best way is too put everything on the thumb drive. There is no automatical install possible.

So for installing on the slim PSTwo you will need:
1. slim PSTwo
2. USB thumb drive
3. USB keyboard and USB mouse (an old USB to PS/2 adaptor is recommended)
4. PS2 memory card
5. Any PS2 compatible disc in the tray of the slim PSTwo. The tray need to be closed.
6. The slim PSTwo must be connected to the network (e.g. network switch or hub). The other side of the network must be switched on before starting kernelloader.
7. The Linux Kernel (latest vmlinux file from sourceforge of kernelloader).
8. An initial RAM disc for starting the system (initrd from deba5er files).
9. Kernelloader 2.0 (Version 1.4 doesn't have the eromdrvloader.irx problem, but other problems and doesn't really work on slim PSTwo).
10. A hombrew starting method to run kernelloader

Currently the best description is from deba5er. He tries to optimize it for newbies at:
http://www.psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61799

Here are already preinstalled images for the thumb drives from deba5er:
http://www.ps2.nuclearfall.com/
SlimSilver wrote: Oh, and obviously I want to install to and boot linux from a thumb drive since there is no HDD available on my ps2.
Yes. This is currently the recommended way.
SlimSilver wrote: I was attempting to use this: http://kernelloader.sourceforge.net/tut ... linux.html

But, I cannot because it appears a lot of filenames have changed since this thing was updated...
This description is only for the old fat PS2.
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

ok, this is my third time i have edited this comment. :-P

Everything loads and starts up properly, up until it is supposed to go to the Linux terminal (console or whatever you want to call it) screen. Theres just...nothing. My screen reports that there is no video signal being transmitted from the PS2. This is very depressing indeed.

P.S. You are welcome to contact me on aim/yahoo messenger, if you like. If you would like me to test anything using my slim silver, I would be more than happy to.

I am very excited to get linux working on this ps2, because I have special plans for the system.
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

@SlimSilver
Everything loads and starts up properly, up until it is supposed to go to the Linux terminal (console or whatever you want to call it) screen. Theres just...nothing. My screen reports that there is no video signal being transmitted from the PS2.
What crtmode are you using (in kernelloader, configuration menu, kernel parameters)? crtmode=ntsc is default, but you would have to change to pal or one of the other settings depending on your TV.
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

ok i changed the kernel display mode to DTV and I changed the graphics mode to 1280X1024 and i get an odd purpleish text, but at least it is something.

New problem: since the thumb drive is taking up a usb slot, i have this 4-port USB hub for the other slot. Linux appears to detect the hub ok. I plug in the mouse, and linux detects that. I plug in the keyboard, and linux appears to detect that as well, but when I type 'u' on the keyboard, nothing happens. Looks like linux is lying and ignoring the usb keyboard input....any help with that? Mind you, kernel loader detected and used the keyboard without any issue, so I do not know whats going on with the linux console (or terminal, whatever you want to call it) screen...
Last edited by SlimSilver on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

SlimSilver wrote:hmm, it is NTSC, but I have a LCD HDTV that it is connected to...I do remember reading in the instructions something about "DTV". Does this mean "digital television"?
"dtv0" is 480p
"dtv1" is 1080i
"dtv2" is 720p

Try one of these and see if it works.
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

i see you posted as i was editing my post...please read above
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

SlimSilver wrote:i see you posted as i was editing my post...please read above
I've heard reports that some keyboards don't work with PS2-Linux. Do you have more than one keyboard to try? I don't think it matters if you use a hub. I use a hub on my girlfriend's v7, and don't on my v3/v9/v12 although I probably should get the hubs; they are cheap enough.

You must NOT set 1280x1024 in the kernel parameter as that makes it use VESA mode (which uses sync on green, something your TV does not do unless maybe it does AND you use a VGA cable).

Use dtv0 or dtv1 or dtv2 OR
use "DTV 480P" or "DTV 1080I" or "DTV 720P"
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

Hmm, I have this bluetooth keyboard thingy that may work. There is this other keyboard that I cam possibly borrow, but I will have to see...

ok so these modes, where do they go? there appears to be two places to specify a mode...in the kernel params, and a graphics mode
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

ok so these modes, where do they go? there appears to be two places to specify a mode...in the kernel params, and a graphics mode
I always leave the ps2graphicmode setting blank which seems to be the default. Mega Man would be able to tell you more about it. I only use the kernel parameter to set PS2-Linux console mode display output.
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

Hmm...ive tried all the examples. all of which create a blank screen. If i put just 'dtv' then it partly shows...it looks like this:

You prolly cannot see, but the letters have a slight purple tinge. I do not know if that is normal. I am still attempting to get this keyboard to work. Do you have any idea why it would not work?
deba5er

Post by deba5er »

@slimsilver

I have to get some sleep now, but thought I'd check in - it looks like your keyboard connects fine, so it is strange not to have it work. When you reach this screen hit enter 5 or 6 times and see if the ">" prompt appears, and information scrolls up the screen. You may have already done this, but I'm scratching my head on this problem ;-)
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

Thanks, I will try that. You may send me a message on aim/yahoo btw.
SlimSilver

Post by SlimSilver »

Hmm...I wonder what sort of keyboard would work? Brand wise. This thing i have here is...um..a 'Microinv' keyboard.