PS2Menu freezes

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

Laparka1985

PS2Menu freezes

Post by Laparka1985 »

Hi
I'm trying to use PS2Menu to transfer saves to my memory card, but it freezes every time i try.

I burn PS2Menu.elf, System, 500mb dummy file and a folder with saves onto a dvd. burn it at 4x with nero on dvd-rom (udf\iso) setting and put it in my ps2 using swap magic dvd. It then goes to the black screen reading different files but it freezes on Reading ps2netfs.irx. I tried some different ways of burning but this always happens

Does anyone have any clue why this happens?
ubergeek42

Post by ubergeek42 »

No idea why that happens, but I can suggest that you use uLaunchElf instead, since it is more updated/compatible.
Laparka1985

Post by Laparka1985 »

Does that work in the same way? Transfer npo save files over to memory card?
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

Laparka1985 wrote:Does that work in the same way? Transfer npo save files over to memory card?
No, NPO files would only be copied as-is, not expanded to the original gamesave folder structure, which is probably what you meant.

But instead uLE has similar backup/restore support for PSU files, which serve much the same purpose. They are able to preserve ALL the special attribute flags and timestamps that are unique to PS2 MC storage, and will do so both for all the files in a gamesave and for the gamesave folder itself.

In uLE such backup/restore operations are done almost like normal copying, except that the "psuPaste" command is used instead of the normal "Paste" command to copy the selected save(s) to the current browser destination. When doing this from MC to non-MC a new PSU file will be created for each gamesave folder, and when doing it in the opposite direction each PSU file will be expanded to its original gamesave folder form, including all special attributes and timestamps.

Best regards: dlanor
Laparka1985

Post by Laparka1985 »

Well that got kinda too techy for me

But short put, would i be able to put saves on the dvd and transfer it to my memory cards using uLaunchElf? I don't own any flash drives or anything, only my wife's fliptop Ps2
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

Laparka1985 wrote:Well that got kinda too techy for me
Sorry if I confused you, but this is a site for development of homebrew software, so here all questions are treated as 'techy' info requests.

But short put, would i be able to put saves on the dvd and transfer it to my memory cards using uLaunchElf? I don't own any flash drives or anything, only my wife's fliptop Ps2
Yes, you would be able to do that.

But you may have to use some conversion program on the PC first, if the saves you have are in NPO format, so as to change them into PSU format.

Best regards: dlanor