Latest PS2 Toolchains for Win32 problem

Discuss the development of software, tools, libraries and anything else that helps make ps2dev happen.

Moderators: cheriff, Herben

lcap

Latest PS2 Toolchains for Win32 problem

Post by lcap »

"Precompiled win32 vesions of the latest PS2 and PSP toolchains and homebrew sdks (as was available on 20/05/06) are available for download from http://xorloser.com" by loser

Ok this seems to compile programs well, but there is one problem with the making the makefile, it doesn't execute the command below:

Example:

make clean

in makefile:

EE_OBJ_DIR = obj/
EE_BIN_DIR = bin/

clean:
@rm -rf $(EE_BIN_DIR)*.elf $(EE_OBJ_DIR)*.o

it doesn't execute this command in makefile but alone it's fine.

In EEUG PS2DEV(http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39569), it works too.

Regards,

Felipe
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Same here!

'make' command cannot find ee-gcc command. But I can execute ee-gcc outside a Makefile 0.o

I stick with my linux native toolchain :P

regards,

sparrow
dlanor

Post by dlanor »

When I first started with PS2Dev I used an earlier version of this "standalone" PS2Dev environment, and I too had similar problems as you describe. I know of only one real cure for them.

You need to execute make from bash, instead of doing it from the command interpreter of Windows. When make is launched by bash, with all the proper environment variables set up, it will also use bash as interpreter for commands inside makefile scripts, and that is the key to making complex makefiles work properly.

I'm not sure how/if that can best be done with this new version , as I don't want to try installing it on top of the fully working Cygwin setup I use today, but I'm sure it can be done. If not by other means, it must still be doable by installing Cygwin and then merging this PS2Dev release into it.

Best regards: dlanor
lcap

Post by lcap »

thanks dlanor, i'll try that...

regards,

Felipe
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Felipe, maybe this piece of IRC support may help you (worked like a charm for me! ;-):

<bootsector> laZmike, problem solved! :D
<laZmike> awesome :D
<bootsector> I made a build.bat:
<bootsector> @\cygwin\bin\bash -c 'export WORK_PATH=`pwd`; PS2DEV="/usr/local/ps2dev"; export PS2SDK="$PS2DEV/ps2sdk"; export PATH="$PATH:$PS2DEV/bin:$PS2DEV/ee/bin:$PS2DEV/iop/bin"; export PATH="$PATH:$PS2DEV/dvp/bin:$PS2SDK/bin"; /bin/bash --login -c "cd $WORK_PATH; %1 %2 %3 %4 %5"'
<bootsector> so I use:
<bootsector> build.bat make
<bootsector> Works like a charm!
<bootsector> Thanks a lot for the link, dude :D
<laZmike> np :)
loser

Post by loser »

yeh ive noticed this problem too.
the way i get around it is to not use wildcards, but use actual filenames.

usually you have $(EE_OBJS) & $(EE_BIN) defined in your makefile.
so i change the clean option to be

clean:
rm -f $(EE_BIN) $(EE_OBJS)

perhaps you could do something along the lines of:
rm -rf $(EE_OBJ_DIR)/$(EE_OBJS)

if anyone knows a way to get the cygwin version or rm working with wildcards from inside a makefile in dos, please let me know :)
loser

fixed

Post by loser »

ive made some fixes and the new files are on the site now.
i used rm.exe from unixtools (for windows)
this seems to work correctly with the wildcard deleting issues

if you have any other similar problems, be sure to post so that i can look at fixing them also
yostane

Post by yostane »

When I launch bash.exe , an error message box is shown saying that "cydreadline6.dll" is not found , what shall I do
Orfax

Post by Orfax »

yostane wrote:When I launch bash.exe , an error message box is shown saying that "cydreadline6.dll" is not found , what shall I do
I assume you mean cygreadline6.dll. If not then you need to reinstall cygwin.

Is the file in the cygwin bin directory? If not, you need to reinstall cygwin.

Are you running the cygwin.bat file supplied to start a bash session? If not, you probably want to. If you don't want to, you need to be in the cygwin bin directory before running bash.

BTW this is not a question for this board of even these forums. First step should have been the cygwin forums.
Look deep into their eyes for what they have to say, Emotions take control of life everyday
Death (Nothing Is Everything)