Universal Unbricker 3.71 OF not allwoing 3.9 OF update.

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

gamestationoh

Universal Unbricker 3.71 OF not allwoing 3.9 OF update.

Post by gamestationoh »

I have a Universal Unbreaker magic memory card and pandora battery... they work. Thanks you all for that!

The firmware choice is (m33-2 3.71) or original (3.71). I recovered a PSP to the 3.71 original firmware. Now I am having trouble updating the PSP to 3.90 and I get an error message "memory card cannot be read 80010005. I have found that this error could be tripped because of rogue firmware or software...

Could I get my universal debricker to restore the 1.5 stripped down firmware as is used in the basic pandora/magic stick setup? I have no trouble updating PSP's using that firmware.

I repair PSP's and most people do not want to run homebrew, nor do the understand it... (me neither! HELP!)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

While this isn't the place for problems in updating or recovering a PSP, I will say it sounds like the idstorage is bad. Bad idstorage will prevent you from reading the memcard, using the wifi and usb, or from reading UMDs. You should probably go read some threads about the idstorage over at the lan.st forums. There's also some good threads on this over at MaxConsole.
gamestationoh

Post by gamestationoh »

Just to give you some future reference.

The Unbricker was developed by Xi-Bit.
He give reference to this web site:

Note:
If it's not okay with you guys, please contact me at ps2dev.org (Xi-Bit)

The program he developed has caused this problem on 2 different PSP, so it is not the Wifi memory reader. They function fine.

Thank you for proper reply. Seems too many folks that hang on message boards have forgotten what common courtesy is, as Jane demonstrated in her replies to me on another post.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Well, I sometimes bitch at folks here too. Depends on my mood and the level of stupidity of the post. :D

A lot of folks make mention of ps2dev in their apps since this is where the sdk is developed and maintained. They'll also sometimes get help on writing the app here. You'll find Art, who wrote TimeBaby, here, for example. However, this generally isn't the place to get help USING apps.

If an author gives this site as a way to contact him, your best bet is to look at the memberlist (at the top of the page), and then send them a Private Message. The exception would be if that author had a thread on their app here, and made it clear in the thread that they didn't mind discussing problems in the thread. An example of that would be the PSP conversion of dosbox. You can use the Search option at the top of the page to look for threads on a particular app.