Pandora Problem!

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

fr34k*

Pandora Problem!

Post by fr34k* »

Hello, I have a big problem!
Wenn i want to make teh Pandora MS and i want do formating with mspformat.exe, I get an error:

Logical drive has more than a physical drive. Cannot handle it.

But what is wrong? Why failed the mspformat?

Have anybody an idea?
SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!!!
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

The pandora apps don't work in Vista, and in XP you should be administrator.
Viper8896

Post by Viper8896 »

It's possible to get it to work in vista because I got it working in vista. The way i did it was to use a partitioning software like paragon and create a single primary partition but leave a big gap in front to fit the boot IPL code. Then run a cmd as administrator by right clicking the option run as administrator from accessories -> command prompt. From there you can run the software but I think I had to skip out msp format.

Also I forgot to add that I used an official 512 stick and I think that is the minimum even though it says 256 is the min.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

Viper8896 wrote:It's possible to get it to work in vista because I got it working in vista. The way i did it was to use a partitioning software like paragon and create a single primary partition but leave a big gap in front to fit the boot IPL code. Then run a cmd as administrator by right clicking the option run as administrator from accessories -> command prompt. From there you can run the software but I think I had to skip out msp format.

Also I forgot to add that I used an official 512 stick and I think that is the minimum even though it says 256 is the min.
Ah, so you should probably use the same figures for the partitioning as the linux instructions say to use.

There is no "minimum size" on the stick - it takes any size Pro Duo stick less than 8GB. If it's Duo instead of Pro Duo, it's not guaranteed to work. Most Pro Duo sticks sold today start at 256MB (the size I got for Pandora), but they go down to 64MB that I've seen. The max size IS 4GB because the 1.50 official firmware used by Pandora doesn't support 8GB sticks. So the memstick stick must be Pro Duo, and must be 4GB or less in size.