PS2 MENU for PS2 or PSX games only

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

rufaswan

PS2 MENU for PS2 or PSX games only

Post by rufaswan »

Hi

I want to convert my FF7 (PSX) CDs into one single DVD with a simple menu. I am not good at programming so I won't demand how the menu will looked like. As long as it gets the job done, DOS based menu is good enough.

Since it can work on PSX games, maybe it will work for PS2 games as well, as PS2 can play both PSX and PS2 games, right?

Thanks
Rufas Wan
sonic_blue

Post by sonic_blue »

And if someone does make such a utility could it also have an option to force 60hz display for NTSC PS1 games on PAL PS2's?

Sorry I could not be of any use here, I have only done a bit of programming and not enough to know how to get the PS2 to force a particular display mode. If anyone knows how this is done please enlighten me!
rufaswan

Post by rufaswan »

Sorry sonic_blue, I never think that far ahead. I was just thinking something more simple. When you boot up PS2, it will check what type of disc you had putted in. So, I want it to recognise it as a game, then direct it to read certain part of the disc. When it happened, it re-determine that disc as PSX or PS2 game and proceed loading the game as usual.

So, there are no emulation involved. Just plain direct to disc and that's all.

Speaking of disc, I just realise PS2 can play VCD and DVD movie...... can that be done too?
Art

Post by Art »

Since when does the ps2 play VCDs? I had no luck with that when I had one.
It was region locked and no VCD/SuperVCDs.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

Thread is going nowhere....