PS1 emulation on PS2

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

sonic_blue

PS1 emulation on PS2

Post by sonic_blue »

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has dabbled in PS1 emulation on the PS2? I am interested in getting PS1 games running with more options/tweaks than the in-built emulator provides. For example: correct display mode for NTSC games on PAL consoles, progressive scan output, more graphics filters to make the games prettier (especially on large HD displays).

This would enable me to ditch my PS1 and enjoy my library of games on the PS2 with optimal graphics :)

The main issue I have with the standard emulator is that it doesnt display PS1 games in the correct display mode, i.e if you have a PAL PS2 and are emulating a NTSC PS1 games the video gets poorly scaled for PAL (squished into a letterbox) and the games run slowly. Is there any fix for this?

Cheers
sonic_blue

Post by sonic_blue »

...anyone?

I am really in need of a PS2 boot disc with some code on it which sets the correct display mode for NTSC PS1 games when played on a PAL PS2 (and vice versa for people with NTSC PS2's who wish to play PAL PS1 games on them).

Does anyone know if this is even possible to do? Has anyone got a hold of the PS2's emulation code?

What I have tried so far is a PS1 boot disc which allows you to force a particular display mode for any region game, however it doesnt work on the PS2 as it is written specifically for the PS1 hardware.

I imagine it would be something rather simple such as setting the region within the PS2's emulator? Am I on the right track here?
nomhire

Post by nomhire »

Hello!

I don't think that you are asking is possible. PAL and NTSC are different formats and they can't be switched to other.

Greetings.
You can read reviews about all kind of cool anime series over at animea.net they also have a cool contest going on where you get free VIP membership for a week if you submit 5 reviews. http://www.animea.net/reviews