The WIKI is broken and it is really annoying

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Have you ever gotten an error like this when editing the Wiki?

Yes, I Always get them (>=50% of the time)
50%
Yes, I Occasionaly get them (> 0% < 50% of the time)
No votes
No, Never get them (== 0% of the time)
50%

Total votes: 6

StrontiumDog

The WIKI is broken and it is really annoying

Post by StrontiumDog »

Hi,

Title says it all, myself and at least one other I know are constantly getting errors from the wiki. I know the wiki part isn't managed by the main team here, but it really needs to be fixed. Its so bad that I have been seriously thinking about starting a new site just to host a new version of the wiki. The problems I have, in no particular order:

1. No way to reset your password if you forget it.
2. This error that occurs every time I edit a page:
Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 23192 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 27228 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 27402 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 26311 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 25515 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 26059 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 26527 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 25337 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed: repeated subpattern is too long at offset 25484 in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php on line 276

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/common.php:276) in /var/www/psdevWiki/inc/actions.php on line 178
I have tried mailing the maintainer of the wiki, but I never get any responses.

Stronty.
urchin

Post by urchin »

Yup, it worries me too about the possibility of one day losing of all the data we've added.
ralferoo

Post by ralferoo »

urchin wrote:Yup, it worries me too about the possibility of one day losing of all the data we've added.
If you're at all worried about losing data and want a private copy of it, http://www.ranulf.net/ps3/wikigrab.tgz has a copy of all the current data and the script I just knocked together to snarf it all.

[edit] Forgot to mention that I've also never seen these errors.