Release: Powzer v0.1a (Alpha)

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

haxd

Release: Powzer v0.1a (Alpha)

Post by haxd »

Hello there! I have been tinkering about with Lua today, and here's what I have come up with:

I didn't like the Lua Lowser, so I made my own, which is a little lacking in features (and complexity) when compared to original Lowser.

Features:
XMB Like interface
Smooth navigation (Like milk)
FPS Timer (Optional)
Loads different sections of Lua Games/Applications/Tools (must be placed in respective directories)

To install: Download Powzer Here
Extract it in your Luaplayer Applications folder.

You have two choices, either copy your files into the Applications / Games / Tools folders in the Powzer directory, or load Powzer using Lowser if you just want to play around. Powzer is not compatible with Lowser's folder layout, but Lowser will load Powzer.

If you want to run Powzer without Lowser, edit the system.lua file in the System folder in Luaplayer, and set it to change the directory to Powzer, instead of Lowser.

Here is screenshot:

(Doesn't really show the animation / etc)

I don't garuntee this at all, it's just something I cooked up last night, so the coding is bad (I started messing with Lua again two or three days ago) but it looks pretty :)

I hope you like it :D

My code is for public domain, use it, abuse it, make love to it, whatever.
The icons were found at iconfinder.net and are subject to the LGPL (Made by Everaldo), the control script is something I made last march, which is also public domain, and the Lua scripts included (unedited) are released with LuaPlayer, and are written by Frank Buß (Shine) and Joachim Bengtsson (Nevyn), and are wicked.

Crappy YouTube Video of Powzer in Action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNh_LwF9NDw