Nice April Fools (?)

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

bronxbomber92

Nice April Fools (?)

Post by bronxbomber92 »

Well, it seems everypage is still up besides the main ones. Seems to be a april fools joke? If so, good one ;)
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

good lawyers :)
Zettablade

Post by Zettablade »

fooled me for five mins
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

Well.. if it fooled a couple of you, it was a success. :)

I had planned to be a lot more elaborate with the joke this year with scanned letters from lawyers and all that. I had no time for all that, so I stuck with the simple mysterious message. :)

Glad you liked it.
Oobles.

PS You can read back in the news for other April 1st jokes.
ralferoo

Post by ralferoo »

Yeah, it seemed a bit too hasty to just be a joke. I normally enter ps2dev via links direct into the appropriate forum and they came up with page not found and then I found the message on the home page.

I guess I did beleive it at first (I also didn't realise it was April 1st, which didn't help!) but then I was thinking later about whether anyone would deliver an injunction on a Sunday morning, decided not and then checked back at the site and surprise, surprise it was back to normal.

So, you got me... :)
urchin

Post by urchin »

Heh, I came in by a link too and then hit the front page. Rather than an elaborate hoax, the lack of info made it more believable.

I was curious that SVN and wiki were still up though. Took me another 30 minutes to realise what day it was :)
Saotome

Post by Saotome »

I already came on the site with the expectation of some funny april 1st jokes. But as a ps2dev addicted I didn't find this one very funny :(

...ok, it wasn't too bad, got me to do something productive in my spare time ;P
infj
ralferoo

Post by ralferoo »

urchin wrote:I was curious that SVN and wiki were still up though. Took me another 30 minutes to realise what day it was :)
Ah yes. On realising the main site was down but the wiki wasn't, I took the precaution of spidering the wiki for PS3 stuff just in case... ;) I wasn't going to mention that as it lends credibility to the argument that I'd been had... :O