psp attachment gunnar hero

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

egorive

psp attachment gunnar hero

Post by egorive »

When I saw a few days ago a hombrew game called "gunnar hero" (similar to the famous play station 2 guitar hero) I thought it will be nice to create an attachment connected to the remote headphones connector.
You know something more similar to a guitar with buttons straight in a line and that works in the same way as the original remote control but with both groups of buttons the (play, +,-, etc..) and ( the 5 strings and the strum). I throw this idea to the community because I know nearly nothing about psp programing and less about circuits. I don't know if someone else has talk about this before (I have done a little search before writting this post but with no results). Sorry about my English, Im foreign.
Bytrix

Post by Bytrix »

This is quite possible but there are a few problems:

1. finding the materials to make it, cost, and time.

2. implementing a driver to read the device input.

3. If anyone did make such a device it would be a one off, it's not like they're going to start producing them and selling them, it just wouldn't be worth the time and effort.
futaris

Post by futaris »

Just use the standard remote control innards. There are 5 buttons on the remote, which you can just wire up to five buttons in a row. For the Strum/Fret Bar, use up/down keys and analog.

Just get five buttons like this, put them in some stripboard, and make up some simple plastic housing, to hold it all.

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.store ... View/P7572
www.jaycar.com.au - search for "Snap Action Keyboard Switch" - 5 colours