My Psp Shell

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Cpasjuste

My Psp Shell

Post by Cpasjuste »

Hello here, i have work on a new shell for the psp (yet another psp shell :p ).

I have worked hard on the eboot loader/stream part of the appz and im really happy of the result.
It should be possible to launch almost all homebrew games and emulators with streaming possibility unlike IrShell.

Its why i release an early beta of "My Psp Shell", i know that people will help to test this base and find bugs :)

Many more to come.

Also i have a question about the lastest PSPLINK, i dont really understand the new reboot mode (@game @vsh ..).
Can somone give me more information about this ? (maybe tyranid if you read this).

Thanks in advance.

Here the readme and of course the download link :

http://cpasjuste.kicks-ass.org/psp/mypspshell1.zip

My Psp Shell

===========
Version 1 :
===========

- Switch ms0 (memory stick) with usbhost0 (usb connection) or nethost0 (wifi connection).
- Browse, load and/or stream homebrews from ms0, usbhost0, nethost0.
- Load modded PSP VSH shell, thanks Dark_Alex. Note that wifi or usb connection will be lost if howebreW is launched from here, so not very usefull for now.
- Change cpu clock (33, 222, 266, 300, 333 mhz).
- Enable, disable USB Mass Storage.

======
Todo :
======

- Many more to come :)

=======
Notes :
=======

Its already possible to stream homebrew with IrShell, but for exemple snes9xTYL wont work with nethost redirections. But "My Psp Shell" will.

My Psp Shell use a part of psplink available at http://ps2dev.org/ and made by TyRaNiD. Many thanks to TyRaNiD.

===============
Installation :
===============

- Firmware replacement for 1.50 PSP without any custom firmware :

Copy the content of "150_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE\MS_ROOT\" to the root of your memory stick.
Launch the "Custom Firmware - The proof of concept" application under the psp game tab.

- Firmware replacement for 1.50 PSP with Dark_Alex custom firmware :

Copy the folder "150_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE\MS_ROOT\MyPspShell" to the root of the memory stick.
Replace the file on the memory stick "PSP\SYSTEM\config.txt" with the file "150_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE\MS_ROOT\PSP\SYSTEM\config.txt"

- No firmware replacement for 1.50 PSP.

Copy the content of "150_NO_CUSTOM_FIRMWARE\MS_ROOT" to the root of your memory stick.
Launch "My Psp Shell" application under the psp game tab.

- GENERAL :

Edit the file on the memory stick "MyPspShell\ipconfig.txt" and put your computer IP Address if you want to use nethost redirection.
On the computer, launch usbhostfs_pc.exe and/or nethostfs.exe.
For the first usbhost connection, install the supplied driver located under "WINDOWS_PC\DRIVER\"

Made By Cpasjuste @ 07/22/2006
TyRaNiD

Post by TyRaNiD »

Well stuff like this probably should be put in the release forum (for futute reference).

As for the psplink reset mode, basically all it allows you to do is run psplink directly under game/vsh or updater mode with the different set of libraries. If you develop a say a vshmain.prx replacement you can reset to vsh mode (reset vsh) and from then on your code will run in that library context, the only thing not loaded is vshmain.prx so it would be useful I guess, maybe.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Moved to Release Announcements
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development