[Release] PSPSDK Makefile Creator v1.0.0

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

alatnet

[Release] PSPSDK Makefile Creator v1.0.0

Post by alatnet »

"Every team needs an idealistic person (whether they are a noob or a pro), my team doesn't have one cus im the idealistic founder." - me
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

First off, don't put what is clearly a release of something into the psp software dev forum. Use the damn release annoucements board.

And second... no offense, but this seems pretty worthless. It's just like opening up the makefile in a text editor, except it limits what you can edit.

Shame I have to be the rude one all the time, but if people complain they don't know anything about makefiles (and won't take the little bit of time to learn about them) and can't understand how to make a copy of the elf template included with the samples when someone mentions it, then perhaps they can't quite reach the bar.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
alatnet

Post by alatnet »

ok...
for the first thing: Sry didn't know.
and the second thing: It's not that worthless. It's still in it's early stages of development.
"Every team needs an idealistic person (whether they are a noob or a pro), my team doesn't have one cus im the idealistic founder." - me
CheChin

Post by CheChin »

thanx for this, i like it. Shut up Drakonite :p
alatnet

Post by alatnet »

Well i've already started implamenting library insertion, it's just that i need a list of the libs dev's use.
alatnet

Post by alatnet »

New release of the PSPSDK makefile creator, Version 1.1.0. Use the link at the first post to got to the post in qj forums to get the program.
boomint

Post by boomint »

I agree with Drakonite, this utility provides little utility... Editing the makefile in your normal dev environment is far faster and simpler than opening up another program.

On another note - just for future projects you may implement, think about good UI structure :)
--( someone stole my sig! )--
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

Bahh! If all you're going to be is nay sayers and people with non-constructive comments... keep your mouth shut. Alatnet has obviously found creating this tool useful for him. If he/she found it useful then someone else might find it useful. If people find it useful for only a short time as they learn the basics of makefiles, then it is enough.

If you're going to give criticism, then make it constructive. If you think you have a better UI structure in mind, then say it. It's very easy to dis someone elses work, but it is a lot more useful describing how it can be improved.

It takes effort to build and release any tool or program. Anyone who does that should be encouraged not put down.

Regards,
Oobles.
alatnet

Post by alatnet »

well, i haven't used the program for my projects just yet. I am working on the next version of PSPSDK makefile creator with (hopefuly) some more libraries and reading of makefiles. It may take a while but im sure that i can get it to be better. And thx Oobles for the support.

Also, what do u mean bout UI struct?

f.y.i. for everyone:
My psudo-name isn't Alatnet, it's alatnet. NO CAPS!! i hate caps in my name.