LCD BACKLIGHT NON FUNCTIONING

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

devolution

LCD BACKLIGHT NON FUNCTIONING

Post by devolution »

Hello,

I was disassembling my psp to see where to install the UP modchip i recently ordered and after reassembling it, i booted the psp up but the backlight of the lcd would not function. the lcd was functioning as could be seen from an angle with my torch. The buttons were functioning too. i would like to know what parts of the psp hardware (motherboard or lcd screen) function the lcd backlight as i had thoroughly re-disassembled and cleaned all the connections to install the lcd again. is it possibly a fuse has popped? an electronic component on the motherboard snapped off? anything?

So id just like to know what parts of the psp control the backlight function and if any of you have experienced this.

Many thanks.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Edit - Never mind.
Last edited by Kojima on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devolution

Post by devolution »

what is that supposed to mean?
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

you'll see ;)
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

We really are not a hardware troubleshooting forum for people who break their psps installing mod chips.

If it was someone who has been here for the past year or more and is an active developer, I probably wouldn't care... but I don't want to see a trend of people joining here to post crap like this, because it really is not the place to ask.... and I don't think I want to know what kind of BS kojima was saying, so I'm locking this.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development