Ps2 slimeline power pack (UK). Anyone got one?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Kojima

Ps2 slimeline power pack (UK). Anyone got one?

Post by Kojima »

This is a dumb request, but I got my ps2 back off my brother yesterday. My mum brought it round to my house, and of course she forgot the powerpack.
So, I ring her up tonight to remind her to bring it round when she comes tomorrow and now it's gone from "I forget it" to "We can't find it"

So, I'm now stuck with a working ps2 with no power pack. Does anyone have a spare one they don't mind selling(I can pay upto 60 pounds)
or failing that, is there anywhere online I can order one and pay by cash or postal order?(I don't have a credit card)

I take it sony don't sell them seperately so will I be paying a high figure for one?

HALL OF SHAME QUESTION:Can I buy some off the shelf power pack with the same voltage/amps?
--

Sorry for the non dev question, but without an answer I can't dev at all, it's so frustrating.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Never mind, ordered one off ebay.
funetik

Post by funetik »

Ahh... You could have had a free replacement courtesy of sony.

They recalled some as they were a fire hazard.
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Yeah i was pretty surprised, they actually sent me a letter. the surprising bit being i never registered my console.

SONY KNOWS.