PSP Homebrew Database

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Fanjita

PSP Homebrew Database

Post by Fanjita »

Hi folks, as a way of taking a little break from C (and to play a bit with PHP) I've been working on a simple web database, with a few different aims:

1. To try to catalogue in one place all homebrew written for the PSP.

2. To experiment with a public database - the DB is a vaguely wikipedia model, in that anyone can view it, and any registered user can add to it or (usually) edit it. There's also an XML interface, so that apps can retrieve the data for whatever purpose they might want it for.

3. To replace the old 'what works with eLoader' list, because it was too much of a pain to keep up to date single-handedly.

You can access the DB here: PSP Homebrew Database, and read more about it here: Help page.

This post is more a call for authors to step forward and claim their homebrew, than a drive for publicity. Confirmed authors get full editorial rights over the entries for their work, so signing up as an author is a good way of making sure that your work isn't being misrepresented. It also lets you make sure that all of your work is listed, to be admired forever by the unwashed masses.

The database is an entirely free public service, signing up for an account is free, quick and easy. Registering as an author is, of course, also free, and requires you to enter the author name you're registering into the 'My Settings' page. Each author application is manually reviewed, because of the possibility of abuse, so it can take a day or two before it is confirmed.

Currently there are 422 authors recorded, but only 56 of them have been claimed by users so far. Step up, be proud! :)
Got a v2.0-v2.80 firmware PSP? Download the eLoader here to run homebrew on it!
The PSP Homebrew Database needs you!
jockyw2001

Post by jockyw2001 »

Oops:

Author :
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /home/homebrew/public_html/author.php on line 215

Database error during action Read author details :Subquery returns more than 1 row

happened when I clicked on [Unknown]

User details for jockyw2001
Email: ................
Author: [Unknown]
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Thanks, the 'Unknown' link was supposed not to be clickable, it's now fixed.

The site is still a bit "beta", so occasional bugs do show up from time to time.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Moved to news and comments as it seems like a much more appropriate place.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Thanks.

Any chance of leaving a 'redirect' placeholder in the dev forum? To be honest, I had no idea this part of the forum even existed.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Leaving a shadow topic can be done, but it's a bit late for that now ;)

The fact that people would not know of this part of the board is a little distressing, as it's all shown on the forums.ps2dev.org page...

Btw, please do NOT link to where qj.net has put up copies of my work. The work I release is available either on my site or on ps2dev.org , and while the compo entry is distributable as per the compo rules, for most of the work I released I generally do not like unauthorized 'mirrors' as it tends to cause a lot of problems.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Drakonite wrote:The fact that people would not know of this part of the board is a little distressing, as it's all shown on the forums.ps2dev.org page...
I think it's not so much a case of not knowing it exists, just not really actively monitoring it.
Btw, please do NOT link to where qj.net has put up copies of my work. The work I release is available either on my site or on ps2dev.org , and while the compo entry is distributable as per the compo rules, for most of the work I released I generally do not like unauthorized 'mirrors' as it tends to cause a lot of problems.
The best way to ensure this happens would be to sign up for an author account ;). Then you have full control over the download links that are used - otherwise, the link is simply whatever favourite download location someone entered when they added the data. Obviously there are moderators with control over the data, but my general policy has been not to enforce any particular editorial influence over the choice of download site - I don't want to have any bias to any particular site. On the other hand, if you see a particular entry that you want changed, but don't own it via an author account, then (if you have registered for an account) you can submit a mod request to have it changed.

EDIT: I just noticed that Droplets is linked to QJ. If you have a preferred download link, just let me know.
Drakonite
Site Admin

Post by Drakonite »

Fanjita wrote: EDIT: I just noticed that Droplets is linked to QJ. If you have a preferred download link, just let me know.
http://ps2dev.org/The_Fourth_Creation/D ... r_PSP_v1.0 would probably work ;)

Setting up as an author is not very intuitive, FYI.
Shoot Pixels Not People!
Makeshift Development
Fanjita

Post by Fanjita »

Thanks.

Plenty of the usability could use some work. With the author registration, I had to make it a little more painful, sadly, because just about everyone was signing up claiming to be an author, and it became unmanageable.