What version firmware do PSPs ship with nowadays?(Downgrade?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Kojima

What version firmware do PSPs ship with nowadays?(Downgrade?

Post by Kojima »

I'm buying a psp next month so I can do some coding on it, but what are the chances of it actually being 1.50 or below firmware?
I'm planning to buy it at the Argos Branch in Dalston. Do argos get their supply direct from sony?(Thereby increaseing the likelyhood of it being incompatible with homebrew)

And if the shiz hits the fan and I'm stuck with a v2+ firmware, what can I do to downgrade it to v1.50? I saw some old info about downgraders but it wasn't very clear on whether sony stamped them out in future revisions?
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

or better yet, know where in the uk I can buy (Don't care if it's second hand/refurbished) a homwbrewable psp? Any homebrew kits for sale on the net that include a 1.5 psp?

One last question (They just keep coming to me), the psp mem sticks you store the homebrew on, how do they interface with the pc? Usb or some new fangled memory card slot on newer mobos?
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

hey, i guess by now most PSPs in shops are 2.50 +
To get a 1.50 to 2.00 PSP, you'd better start looking for one online.
There are a few shops that still have some left.
Here's a 1.52 USA for instance; http://www.superufo.com/product_html/SO ... _ver_.html
Quite expensive though.
Of course you could check eBay as well.
Good luck!
See you,

Alcahest
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Thanks for the links. I'll need a uk version though otherwise I won't be able to charge it. (Different plug sockets) any suggestions to get a 1.51 uk one?
Or do downgraders work do you know?
Alcahest

Post by Alcahest »

no don't worry, the Sony PSP AC adapter is 110-220 volts 50/60Hz compatible.
You'll only need a UK compatible cord.
Dunno where you can get a 1.51uk.
Downgraders work on versions up to 2.0
If you get a 1.51 or 1.52, you need to upgrade it to 2.0 first, then downgrade back to 1.50.
Later,

Alcahest
Kojima

Post by Kojima »

Ah cool, thanks for clearing that up.