Boxy II version 0.4

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Ghoti

Boxy II version 0.4

Post by Ghoti »

Hi folks,

I have made a new version of boxy ii. THIS IS NOT A LUA GAME !!!! ( alot of sites say it is so hopefully now they know otherwise)

I have added an early version of the chaos game mode for you to play. hopefully you will enjoy it. I also did not change the names of the game directories so that alot of you don't have a problem with this, hope it helps.

Please not however that this is still not the final version of the game so there can and probebly will be errors in it. I have however tested the game alot of times and I have played session for over an hour so it is more stable as the previous release. However there is still one bug that can come whenever wherever and i haven't figured that one out. I you come across it please let me know what exactly was the current state of your level or something so that i can narrow my search for the bug.

Well as ussual some new screenshots of the new themes:

and my change log:

version 0.4 fourth release

------------
added
------------

- Chaos game mode added
- add option to turn on/off musicplaying
- add option to turn the chaos mode to random or classic theme changing
- at pause the music also pauses
- at pause the time also pauses
- new skin (Cards)
- new skin (reptile)
- after quit the game through select first you'll get the gameover screen to fill in the highscore
- Random music mode
- with normal music mode pressing L goes one song back

------------
Fixes
------------

- (when music is turned off in the options screen the game won't crash on the account of not being present any mp3 songs.)
- randomly crash on next theme fixed.
- options bug reads correctly now
- premature deletion of blocks when line was not beyond that point is fixed.
- bugfix special block
- fixed the black screen bug

------------
Still to come
------------

- Trigame game mode (not sure if it will be implemented)
- Highscores for each game mode
- Animated backgrounds (don't know sure yet)
- wave support for ingame sounds
- ingame menu

------------
known bugs
------------

- when you restart a game like 3 times the fourth the game will crash
- After deletion of some blocks (sometimes after 45 minutes of playtime :( so debugging is tough) the game crashes

I have only a version 1.5 psp so i can't really test for higer versions, please let me know how it works on higer versions, thanks

here is the download: BoxyII version 0.4