PSPlinux gone wiki...

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

linux_my_toaster

PSPlinux gone wiki...

Post by linux_my_toaster »

Partly due to the failure of the PSPlinux project, and the great sucesses of the efforts here, there hasn't been much progress on porting linux to the PSP. Of course this is in addition to the lack of a MMU, and various other complications.

Anyway, the PSPlinux site has just been changed into a wiki, and all the old BS is gone (thankfully). So if you have any interest in running the linux kernel on the PSP, http://www.psp-linux.org is a blank wiki and is waiting for relevant info. Cheers.
PSP... it also runs games.
planetusa

Post by planetusa »

This is good news, I was wondering what happened to the project.

Obviously, there's the http://uclinux.org/ project, and then there's usermode linux, and so probably psp-linux(until someone hacks the psp bootloader) will be a hybrid of those two.

Michael
linux_my_toaster

Uclinux will certainly be used. It's working nicely for the ipodlinux project (although the ipod does have some limited MMU capabilities). Maybe we can solicit some experience from them. They got a flash dump through the headphone jack by encoding it into audio and sending it through the piezo. Rather impressive hack (:
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Yeah. Getting some competent help would be a great first step.
linux_my_toaster

I think the ds-linux guy.. the owner of the psp-linux domain.. is trying to step out of the way by making a wiki of it. It was a forum before.. so it was open then too, but there were no strong moderators. I think that's the only reason why this forum works well. All the locking and mocking drives away stupid people. The psp-linux site was full of conjecture, stupid questions and dumb people... the wiki shouldn't be as susceptible to that kinda thing because it doesn't offer direct responce.
cfpsp

Post by cfpsp »

hi the psp-linux site has nothing on it, its just links
Viper8896

Post by Viper8896 »

yep i also tried and the domain goes no where. just link farm.