Did anyone brick their psp from overuse?

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

cooleyandy

Did anyone brick their psp from overuse?

Post by cooleyandy »

Since I started development on the PSP, I leave it on for so many hours (6-8 hrs per day). Did anyone actually break their psp from overusing their psp? Normally I just leave it on usb mode most of the time, but I do notice it gets quite warm after a couple hrs.
chaos

Post by chaos »

no, but i've managed to burn in the screen..

i've since added a 'screensaver' mode to my games to avoid this problem.
Chaosmachine Studios: High Quality Homebrew.
cooleyandy

Post by cooleyandy »

burn in the screen? I didn't know that's possible with an lcd screen. Did the Pixel unstuck video work for you?
Here's hoping that Sony has built a long living machine. Can't easily find a 1.5 anymore :-(
chaos

Post by chaos »

cooleyandy wrote:burn in the screen? I didn't know that's possible with an lcd screen. Did the Pixel unstuck video work for you?
Here's hoping that Sony has built a long living machine. Can't easily find a 1.5 anymore :-(
basically, you can see a faint outline of images, especially the high-contrast parts, like white lines on a black screen.. it's hard to notice unless you're looking at a flat-colored screen. leave your psp on the same image for 12+ hours, and you'll find out what i'm talking about ;\

i also have 'PSP' burned into my screen, from the loading animation, i don't know how it happened, has been there since before i started devving.. :|
Alex Atkin UK

Post by Alex Atkin UK »

Perhaps you just got a faulty screen? I can't imagine PSP being on the screen long enough to burn-in.
chaos

Post by chaos »

Alex Atkin UK wrote:Perhaps you just got a faulty screen? I can't imagine PSP being on the screen long enough to burn-in.
if i didn't see it with my own eyes, i wouldn't believe it either.