Offtopic discussion from: EE Development

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

sjeep

Post by sjeep »

I hope "superufo" != Success-hk/FCD :)
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I hope "superufo" != Success-hk/FCD
Who cares?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

I care. I hear he gets surly when he gets coding... hopefully he won't upset the deli meats...
Guichi

Post by Guichi »

sjeep is correct, traced the same userid on our forums.
mrbrown wrote:
Who cares?
thats a pretty sad comment coming from someone who is quite anti warez and modchip. Success sells swap discs, stolen code in the form of naplink discs(yes they are still being sold, just not on their site, trust me on this), import player as breaker pro and modchips. Helping groups like this only makes the situation worse with more available warez tools on the market.

who knows, maybe one day they will warez0r one of your apps mrbrown.

double standards suck.
Oobles
Site Admin

Post by Oobles »

I agree with mrbrown here.. who cares!?

Lets keep the business end of ps2dev off development forums. Who screws who in business is not relevant when asking a coding question. I don't agree with the practices of Success-HK either, however, as long as the questions are not "how do I circumvent this new copy protection?",etc.. I think its ok.

We probably do however need a posting guidelines somewhere on the forums so people know what they can/can't ask. Then we won't have double standards.. just one standard. :)
superufo

Post by superufo »

Hi blackdroid & mrbrown,
Thankyou very much, it make me more clear now. However "superufo" != Success-hk/FCD
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Guichi wrote:sjeep is correct, traced the same userid on our forums.
mrbrown wrote:
Who cares?
thats a pretty sad comment coming from someone who is quite anti warez and modchip. Success sells swap discs, stolen code in the form of naplink discs(yes they are still being sold, just not on their site, trust me on this), import player as breaker pro and modchips. Helping groups like this only makes the situation worse with more available warez tools on the market.

double standards suck.
ps2dev.org != ps2newz.net.

Guichi, if you can't keep your little modchip/warez pissing matches (DMS vs. Messiah, whatever) on ps2newz then we will have to ask you to leave these forums.

To reiterate what Oobles said, this site is about development, and whomever superufo is, he had a valid development question. Sjeep definitely isn't one to discriminate against others (for working on modchips at least), as he is basically the DMS poster boy. DMS in particular has a very bad habit of using "strongarm" tactics on both forums and IRC to exclude other modchip/accessory groups that do the exact same thing they do. We'll have none of that here.

And you, someone whose entire website is devoted to promoting the use of modchips to warez games, you certainly have a lot of gall posting about double standards.

If it's development, and it's not about circumventing copyright protection, then its appropiate for these forums. What are you doing in development forums anyway?
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

This is getting a bit off topic. You've all had your say, so... take it to email or something before I have to do some trimming.
Guichi

Post by Guichi »

mrbrown wrote:
Guichi wrote:sjeep is correct, traced the same userid on our forums.
mrbrown wrote: Who cares?

double standards suck.
ps2dev.org != ps2newz.net.

Guichi, if you can't keep your little modchip/warez pissing matches (DMS vs. Messiah, whatever) on ps2newz then we will have to ask you to leave these forums.

To reiterate what Oobles said, this site is about development, and whomever superufo is, he had a valid development question. Sjeep definitely isn't one to discriminate against others (for working on modchips at least), as he is basically the DMS poster boy. DMS in particular has a very bad habit of using "strongarm" tactics on both forums and IRC to exclude other modchip/accessory groups that do the exact same thing they do. We'll have none of that here.

And you, someone whose entire website is devoted to promoting the use of modchips to warez games, you certainly have a lot of gall posting about double standards.

If it's development, and it's not about circumventing copyright protection, then its appropiate for these forums. What are you doing in development forums anyway?
You dont make much sense but im not going to bother trying to decifer your nonsense. Ive seen you on irc and your animosity towards sjeep ever since he beat you to some realistic hdd development. Looks to me more like jealousy more than anything else.

This is rather amusing stuff coming from someone who released an exploit knowing full well that people will use this for purposes other than homebrew. As a matter of fact there is only about two homebrew apps that run using the exploit and a total of now 4 swap apps that run using the exploit, two of which even smooch your code. You have no control over this? You did before you released it and you knew this was going to happen.

As for my site, its funny as you seem to be one of its biggest fans
http://www3.webhosting.cx/~ps2newz/foru ... erid=21849[/url]

no worries ooPo and OObles, i wont bother to post back in this thread again. Funny how modchips are now considered warez, so many of the members of this very forum recieved modchips from yours truly. :roll:
blackdroid

Post by blackdroid »

You dont make much sense but im not going to bother trying to decifer your nonsense. Ive seen you on irc and your animosity towards sjeep ever since he beat you to some realistic hdd development. Looks to me more like jealousy more than anything else.
Ok you can stop it right there, there is no rivalry between us who actually do something on this machine, yes I mean us who do code, and dont sit on forums talking shit and making ppl throw pies at eachother.
This is rather amusing stuff coming from someone who released an exploit knowing full well that people will use this for purposes other than homebrew. As a matter of fact there is only about two homebrew apps that run using the exploit and a total of now 4 swap apps that run using the exploit, two of which even smooch your code. You have no control over this? You did before you released it and you knew this was going to happen.
This whole chapter is oozing with ignorance, and apparently you have no clue whatsoever that you can virtually run anything homebrew with ps2ind, not just useful programs like ps2link/pukklink/naplink but demos etc. So counting number of swap tricks vs number of loaders is just lame.
no worries ooPo and OObles, i wont bother to post back in this thread again. Funny how modchips are now considered warez, so many of the members of this very forum recieved modchips from yours truly. :roll:
You already did post another clueless response. Why ? Please go away if you dont have anything that is worth saying apart from pie throwing/flaming/trolling. The rules are set you may not like em, but you have your own forums to talk trash, modchips, warez or whatever you decide. This is for PS2DEV and as long as the questions are related to development then its all a fair game.
Kung VU