UMCDR protection already circumvented

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Teclis

UMCDR protection already circumvented

Post by Teclis »

Being a new member, I'd first and foremost like to state I am completely against piracy in every form...I bring this news to your (the creators) attention in hopes of finding a way to fight against this issue.

Recently a colleague of mine has brought it to my attention an unofficial version of the infamous CDLOADER has been developed, complete with UMCDR compatibility. It is yet to be released to the public.

As most people know, the CDLOADER possess a menu system from which Playstation 2 software (homebrew and commercial applications alike) can be launched. I have witnessed the program in action, and I'm unhappy to report that commercial software is still capable of being launched.

I will try to retrieve the code they utilized to make this unholy thing happen.

It is worth noting I am pretty fresh to PS2 HB development, but will help out where ever I can.

Personal note: MrBrown and Hermes, you guys are my heros...you're both responsible for my aspiring to become a PS2 HB developer. :-)
Booyah.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I'm a bit unsure of CDLOADER's technical ability to launch a commercial title on a UMCDR disc ... all commercial titles ship with their own CD/DVD drivers, so when they are run, the previous CD/DVD driver is replaced.

Are you saying you've seen CDLOADER launch commercial titles off of a UMCDR disc?
hermes

Post by hermes »

I hate Cdloader. Cdloader is a stolen code used for illegal purposes, but that code cannot load commercial applications using UMCDR.

When the IOP is reboot all the modules are replaced by incompatible modern versions.

I believe that mrbrown and me are against warez use of UMCDR
Teclis

Post by Teclis »

I'm not lying...why would I want to tarnish my reputation when I just got here (that also goes to say I don't want to tarnish it down the road, either). I'm telling you I saw with my very eyes a UMCDR version of CDLoader booting a commercial game (Dance Dance Revolution Party Collection, to be specific). I'll try and get the code.
Booyah.
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

I didn't accuse you of lying ... I had trouble understanding your earlier post so I was just asking for a bit of clarification. Thanks.
_404

Post by _404 »

hermes wrote:I hate Cdloader. Cdloader is a stolen code used for illegal purposes, but that code cannot load commercial applications using UMCDR.

When the IOP is reboot all the modules are replaced by incompatible modern versions.

what are you talking about. YOU created cdloader! Under his other alias name USB, he created many warez apps for groups before creating a new name for himself as Hermes when working for paradox. There is plenty of proof of this at the spanish website www.elotrolado.net USB/Hermes gave away the cdloader code after moving on to other projects. All of his tools use the illegal sony SDK. He is also responsible for the cogswaploader; another warez tool that even stole sources from among other things, the exploit. In adding insult to injury, this so called coder has also ripped UMCDR to be added to his cdgenps2 tool without even a hint of the original UMCDR author, drakonite.

Teclis m8
This is surely no one anyone should look up to as inspiration; You will only find yourself in a world of trouble or doing bad things.
hermes

Post by hermes »

_404 wrote:
hermes wrote:I hate Cdloader. Cdloader is a stolen code used for illegal purposes, but that code cannot load commercial applications using UMCDR.

what are you talking about. YOU created cdloader! Under his other alias name USB, he created many warez apps for groups before creating a new name for himself as Hermes when working for paradox. There is plenty of proof of this at the spanish website www.elotrolado.net USB/Hermes gave away the cdloader code after moving on to other projects. All of his tools use the illegal sony SDK. He is also responsible for the cogswaploader; another warez tool that even stole sources from among other things, the exploit. In adding insult to injury, this so called coder has also ripped UMCDR to be added to his cdgenps2 tool without even a hint of the original UMCDR author, drakonite.

Teclis m8
This is surely no one anyone should look up to as inspiration; You will only find yourself in a world of trouble or doing bad things.

I begin to see now which is the reason by which this thread has been created. You want to begin a lynching campaign for the old Hermes?

1) The source code of cdloaderps2 is stolen and I do not think to give more explanations for that question

2) Hermes never has released an application done with the SDK of Sony. If others have done it, it is not my problem

3) Cogswaploader does not stole source code. I committed the error of not including the AFL license but in the own source I indicate the author and the origin of the source:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// LoadElf (original source by mrbrown in payload.c
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

4) "this so called coder has also ripped UMCDR to be added to his cdgenps2 tool without even a hint of the original UMCDR author, drakonite."

¬¬. That is a great lie. But that can be waited for a guy as you.In ps2newz you accused to us to infringe the LGPL when PS2RTeam has sent the source code LGPL to FFMPEG

If _ 404 is trying that mrbrown ban to me in order to have the CDX.IRX source code and to use it in Cdloaderps2 because it is possible that YOU are the guy responsible of actual Cdloaderps2 and YOU are looking for the confrontation between Hermes and the moderators of this forum. true?.

Well, I am not going to participate more in this thread. Your intention is obvious. I have committed errors in the past how to trust certain people whom they betrayed to me :( .

to mrbrown: I never have tried to usurp the merits of other people.If you request to me that I leave these forums I will accept it, but i do not speak English an I use babelfish to translate it. I cannot defend myself of these attacks. What I write not understands well. Sorry, I will not participate more in threads than they suppose an attack on my person
bigboss

Post by bigboss »

_404 wrote:blabla

This is a little off-topic thread already,

off-topic ON

I can't believe _404 is alive!!!!!(well his mouth is alive), hey my mailbox is waiting for your mail, did you learn to send it already?

Regards to R18 too from all the team ask to him for hdd support too please :)

We follow working for next release, we are very busy now so please if you follow with the same problem my mailbox is all for you

off-topic OFF

I believe that UMCDR must be only used for non-warez purposes, teclis an _404 your first post your first error please this is software forum you shouldn't post these things here
Bigboss/PS2Reality

Oopo is apparently Gilipollas sin animo de ofender of course de buen rollo (aka humor de ese)
mrbrown
Site Admin

Post by mrbrown »

Hermes:

Fortunately, I'm not so easily manipulated. TBH, there are a lot of things I'd like to flame you about re: cogswaploader, but that's just a waste of everyone's time. I don't have a personal interest in this thread either.

Everyone else:

This thread has gotten too weird (the flames) to be useful. Besides, all of the talk of warez back and forth has caused Drakonite to shut UMCDR down, see: http://makeshift.halifrag.com/umcdr/.