(split) More off-topic rambling.

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

neckarb

Post by neckarb »

in that case wouldnt the ISO's that were leaked, i.e wipeout be encrypted and so work on 1.5?
neckarb

Post by neckarb »

would that work?
Vimacs.

Post by Vimacs. »

it do, well partialy (URL DELETED)
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Discussion on figuring out ways to run games from the memory stick are off-limits. This is your warning.
Warren

Post by Warren »

Actually all that the guy in that video did was replace the wipeout graphics, movie and sound inside of the update.pbp file. Even with the binary in there it won't work, encrypted or not. The program loader was vastly modified in fw1.5 and I can only assume that it was to put checks in to stop the kind of thing we are currently trying to do.

Finding the encryption isn't the key. Even if you did you would not be able to do anything with it unless Sony was *VERY* careless and stupid. Another exploit must be found, like that of fw1.0.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but even if you got the elf to load properly you would not be able to play a game from the memory stick due to the way it looks for its data files. Something along the lines of what was done on the PS2 would need to be done and we don't tolerate discussion of such things here.
Last edited by Warren on Sun May 08, 2005 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
neckarb

Post by neckarb »

okk
Vimacs.

Post by Vimacs. »

sorry ooPo, didnt known that its forbidden.
neckarb

Post by neckarb »

whats the difference between getting apps to run and games?
neckarb

Post by neckarb »

why get rid of that URL it just showed an avi of a small file preveiwing! this is messed up a MOD mad with power
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

because it was showing someone trying to run a comercial game on a mem stick. this is piracy, which is illegal.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Mad with power or not, the rules have been set.

Please see fit that you obey them during your stay.

Thanks!
neckarb

Post by neckarb »

i shant see fit that i obey any rules during my stay oh polite one u can just kindly go fuck ur self back to the strickt dimension, and the idea that show a video of someone trying to run a comercial game should not be show is absurd, its like saying before we put a screenshot of a game on our site we should ask the author where he purchased the game and could we see the reciept! COME ONE PEOPLE
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

So, you freely admit that you intend to not follow the rules and that I should 'fuck myself'?
neckarb

Post by neckarb »

oh my he can READ!
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Banned.
pixel

Post by pixel »

I really have to say that you made my day. Quite a good laugh, indeed.
pixel: A mischievous magical spirit associated with screen displays. The computer industry has frequently borrowed from mythology. Witness the sprites in computer graphics, the demons in artificial intelligence and the trolls in the marketing department.
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

It's been quite entertaining today. What's with all the noobies who either can't be bothered to read the rules, or feel they somehow don't apply to them? :? :D
Thanhda

Post by Thanhda »

ha saw that coming. man, people now a days are just asking to be ban.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...