Needed Help Building PS2 Toolchains and PS2SDK

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

Iceus

Needed Help Building PS2 Toolchains and PS2SDK

Post by Iceus »

I followed this tutorial here - http://lukasz.dk/playstation-2-programm ... -tutorial/

* MinGW-5.1.3.exe
* MSYS-1.0.10.exe
* mingw-packages-ps2dev-1.0.zip

The MinGW and MSYS files can also be downloaded from the MinGW website. The mingw-packages-ps2dev is a file I have put together to ease the process of building the PS2 toolchains, it contains bison, flex, libiconv and libtool from GnuWin32, Subversion, wget and Pthreads Win32.

First of all you need to install MinGW and choose to the current package and also choose to install MinGW make. Next install MSYS and choose y (yes) to the post install and follow the instructions. In the directory where you choose to install MSYS, there is a file named rxvt.exe in the bin directory, rename this file something else, like rxvt2.exe. Now extract the contents of the mingw-packages-ps2dev archive into the directory where you installed MinGW, when asked if you wish to overwrite files which already exist, choose no to all. You are now ready to build the PS2 toolchains.
Installing the PS2 toolchains

First thing you need to do is to add the PS2Dev enviroment variables your MSYS login script. This is done by adding the following to etc/profile in the MSYS directory. Use an editor which supports Unix file format like Crimson Editor (Preferences -> File -> Save in Unix format) to edit the file.

export PS2DEV=/usr/local/ps2dev
export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/bin
export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/ee/bin
export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/iop/bin
export PATH=$PATH:$PS2DEV/dvp/bin
export PS2SDK=$PS2DEV/ps2sdk
export PATH=$PATH:$PS2SDK/bin

Once you have done this, you are ready to either build the PS2 toolchains yourself or download the ones I have compiled
Option 1: Build the PS2 toolchains (recommended)

Log into MinGW using MSYS (you should have a shortcut on your desktop). Now export the ps2toolchain scripts by ooPo from the PS2Dev Subversion repository using the following command in a directory without spaces (you can check this by typing pwd)

svn export svn://svn.ps2dev.org/ps2/trunk/ps2toolchain

Change to the ps2toolchain directory (cd ps2toolchain) and type

sh toolchain.sh

@ I then get this application has failed to start because cygcrypto-0.9.8dll was not found

My PC is runin Windows XP SP3 32bit
any help wood be nice Im a noob at this..