ps2 usb mp3

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

qualitycontroller12

ps2 usb mp3

Post by qualitycontroller12 »

ok i found this site looking for info on how to use the usb on a ps2

what i need to do is play mp3's and avi's from a usb drive on the ps2. how is this done?

i have went to the following site and there are a couple downloads here that i may use http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=elfs

im not sure how to use these applications though. are they to be put on a memory card or an hd or can i put them on my usb with my music and videos and just start listening.

any help much appreciated!
radad

Post by radad »

This is more of a development website rather than end user issues. You should check out Simple Media System, but you need a way to run an ELF. Do you have a modchip?
qualitycontroller12

Post by qualitycontroller12 »

no i dont have a modchip or a hard drive, actually i have a hard drive but its old and was on a windows ME computer 8-10 years ago.

i thought i would just put some mp3's on my usb and plug it in and it would work.

an alternative might be to burn the mp3's to a dvd and play them all like that.??

can a ps2 play a dvd with music on it?
radad

Post by radad »

SMS can play mp3s and avis off a usb hard drive just fine, just plug it in and go. The problem is you need to run SMS first. I suggest you get Free McBoot installed on your ps2. The problem again though is the installer is an ELF which you need to run which isnt easy on an unmodded ps2. Do some research on "Free McBoot".