EVERY ONE IS TALKING SPANISH

General, off-topic discussion about things of interest to the members of these forums.

Moderator: cheriff

korn16ftl

EVERY ONE IS TALKING SPANISH

Post by korn16ftl »

ok so some stuff on these sites sound completly weird i want to run linux on my PS3 ( http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=71696#71696 ) so i am obviously trying to read up and i am not linux fluent nor do i know half of what some of these threads are talking about in refferance to linux for instence: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10142
what is libspe2 library or what is an SPU im just completly in the dark here on what is going on around me as far as all this go's there are so many terms and things im just not under standing would some one be so kind as to show me the stepping stones to understand what is going on around me and maybe make something of all this

what benifits is there in running linux on a ps3 aside from having a fully functional PC at my disposal how do i learn to "compile" code things like this

one thread that has really caught my attention that i have no idea what im reading is: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8494

so ya if any one would care to elaberate on some of the terms and explain what is being discussed i would greatly appreciate it as i am completly lost and would like to take part in the community
korn16ftl

Post by korn16ftl »

wow no one wants to teach a noob?
Wally

Post by Wally »

korn16ftl wrote:wow no one wants to teach a noob?
because this forum isnt about teaching noobs..

www.psp-programming.com :)
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

$100 / hour and I'd be glad to. :D

If it all seems like Greek to you here, you aren't qualified to participate. Go learn enough that it no longer seems like Greek and we'll be happy to see you back.
korn16ftl

Post by korn16ftl »

J.F. wrote:$100 / hour and I'd be glad to. :D

If it all seems like Greek to you here, you aren't qualified to participate. Go learn enough that it no longer seems like Greek and we'll be happy to see you back.
that is what im trying to do in these forums ive sucesfully written ps2 MC exploits modded xbox 1 and all that stuff but tossing linux in the mix just ads more things that im not shure what im doin.

From the MC exploit i know that a .elf = linux .exe and just random basics an that it works by hijacking the psx emulation hardware tricking it into running home brew elfs.

that comment was completly rude and uncalled for ppl join forums for answers not to be told to go elswahre or pay me and ill tell u
J.F.

Post by J.F. »

korn16ftl wrote:
J.F. wrote:$100 / hour and I'd be glad to. :D

that is what im trying to do in these forums ive sucesfully written ps2 MC exploits modded xbox 1 and all that stuff but tossing linux in the mix just ads more things that im not shure what im doin.

From the MC exploit i know that a .elf = linux .exe and just random basics an that it works by hijacking the psx emulation hardware tricking it into running home brew elfs.

that comment was completly rude and uncalled for ppl join forums for answers not to be told to go elswahre or pay me and ill tell u
Yes, it WAS rude, but COMPLETELY called for. We aren't here to tutor you. You want lessons? Pay for 'em, bitch.

You're also lying about what you've done. You wouldn't have said
what is libspe2 library or what is an SPU im just completly in the dark here on what is going on around me as far as all this go's there are so many terms and things im just not under standing would some one be so kind as to show me the stepping stones to understand what is going on around me and maybe make something of all this
if you'd done HALF of what you claim. Even the SLIGHTEST bit of googling and reading threads here would have answered your question about libspe2 or the SPU. The fact you didn't know the slightest thing about them proves you know nothing and aren't willing to put ANY effort into learning. You were hoping we'd spoon-feed you everything. Well guess what? We aren't! Go away and don't come back.
jbit
Site Admin

Post by jbit »

korn16ftl wrote:ive sucesfully followed instructions to install ps2 MC exploits and mod xbox 1s
Fixed
ooPo
Site Admin

Post by ooPo »

Locked!

While you guys may be right about this being an terrible place to learn how to program, you could have been nicer about it.

korn16ftl: We talk about advanced things here because there is an expectation that you already know the basics before you arrive. Feel free to stay and try to join in, but please understand that people here are more interested in doing new things instead of teaching new people.